Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-25-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Definitely! I'm sure 95% of my extended family later today Will ask me if I plowed, when we got as much as we did, is that even a question?? And ask why properties need to be done on Christmas. Just waking up now, went to sleep at about 8am. Tired to say the least but still have to go out later to do a commercial properties.
Posted via Mobile Device
I feel you. Last week we had three occurrences, with about no sleep in between. Finally caught up and looks like I'll be back out tonight. Luckily for me it's looking like we dodged the bullet and will only have to salt the commercial properties.
I do have to say I feel like I found a good one gf wise, not everyone would give up a night with the friends to stay in the plow truck for 16 hours just to keep you company. The true test will be summer when I'm back cutting 10-12 hours a day + landscaping! Lol
Old 12-25-2013, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchannaultROLC View Post
I feel you. Last week we had three occurrences, with about no sleep in between. Finally caught up and looks like I'll be back out tonight. Luckily for me it's looking like we dodged the bullet and will only have to salt the commercial properties.
I do have to say I feel like I found a good one gf wise, not everyone would give up a night with the friends to stay in the plow truck for 16 hours just to keep you company. The true test will be summer when I'm back cutting 10-12 hours a day + landscaping! Lol
I couldn't imagine a girl wanting to keep company for 16 hrs plowing! But I agree, summer would be the true test, 12+ hrs a day in the field then 1-2 hrs in the office
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-25-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks all for the kind Christmas wishes (truly wishing you all the same). One of my employees just showed up (after dark on Christmas Day). His family is struggling to get caught up in life, and they sure don't have extra money to spend. Welp.... here's what they gave me.

I will cherish their Christmas Spirit as long as I live. A very thankful Led Zeppelin fan.
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2013, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I couldn't imagine a girl wanting to keep company for 16 hrs plowing! But I agree, summer would be the true test, 12+ hrs a day in the field then 1-2 hrs in the office
Posted via Mobile Device
It's at that point that I turned over the mowing to a young gun and started spending more time selling and marketing the company, I'm sure one could come up with some things to do if you spent 16hrs with a GF just sayin.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
It's at that point that I turned over the mowing to a young gun and started spending more time selling and marketing the company, I'm sure one could come up with some things to do if you spent 16hrs with a GF just sayin.
yes that's my plan also with both install & maint crews. And I think I could spend the time wisely now that I think about it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-25-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
yes that's my plan also with both install & maint crews. And I think I could spend the time wisely now that I think about it
Posted via Mobile Device
Perverts... Just kiddin guys I'm right there with ya!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

this has turned into a E-harmony thread.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

HaHaHa.... E-Harmony! That's funny right there.... But, I feel as if I contributed to the E-Harmonyness of the thread so let me elaborate on what I said. Even if my wife and I didn't have our wonderful, adorable, 4 year old son. And even if I wasn't married to my amazing, strong, smart and gorgeous wife. And even if I had absolutely no friends in this whole big old World..... I would still not work on Christmas day. Yes, I am a Christian and yes that does have something to do with it. (I mean, who doesn't love a birthday party right?) But in all honesty at the heart of it all, it comes down to one main contributing factor and it is the fact that Christmas is simply magical. As far back as I can remember, the energy I feel on Christmas day and on the days leading up to Christmas is simply palpable. Even when I found out that Santa Claus was not real, I still couldn't fall asleep on Christmas Eve. And quite frankly, I feel so strongly about the magic of Christmas that I am pretty sure that I never really stopped believing in Santa Claus.

So no, I did not work yesterday. I enjoyed the day to it's fullest extent and completely felt like a kid again. Especially while watching the spell that is The Christmas Spirit be cast upon my 4 year old son. While laying under the Christmas tree with him and Sky, our Yellow Labrador, and looking up at the lights I realized that I was most certainly under the spell as well and I always have been.