Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 PM
raish05 raish05 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: mt pleasant pa
Posts: 74
thumbtack

hey guys i was wondering if anyone uses or has used thumbtack and was wondering how their results were. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Blade Runners's Avatar
Blade Runners Blade Runners is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 917
We used them a little bit last season. They will send leads fairly often. I didn't pay for their monthly service because we got too busy last season to handle the work. I did submit quotes for the freebies they sent me though.

Once we are able to handle more business I will most likely sign up for their monthly service for unlimited leads.
__________________

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blade Runners, LLC
Lawn Service Clarksville TN
Lawn Care Clarksville TN

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino

Last edited by Blade Runners; 03-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
raish05 raish05 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: mt pleasant pa
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
We used them a little bit last season. They will send leads fairly often. I didn't pay for their monthly service because we got too busy last season to handle the work. I did submit quotes for the freebies they sent me though.

Once we are able to handle more business I will most likely sign up for their monthly service for unlimited leads.
how much does it cost i couldn't find it on there website
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Blade Runners's Avatar
Blade Runners Blade Runners is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 917
Free to post your business on their site. Individual leads are $5-6, then they will sometimes give you a freebie on the next one. Monthly unlimited leads is like $30-35. They will email you with leads and the basics about what services are needed. If you pay, or have monthly service, you will get the leads contact info and specific address.

Based on what I experienced it would be worth getting the monthly service.
__________________

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blade Runners, LLC
Lawn Service Clarksville TN
Lawn Care Clarksville TN

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 PM
raish05 raish05 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: mt pleasant pa
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
Free to post your business on their site. Individual leads are $5-6, then they will sometimes give you a freebie on the next one. Monthly unlimited leads is like $30-35. They will email you with leads and the basics about what services are needed. If you pay, or have monthly service, you will get the leads contact info and specific address.

Based on what I experienced it would be worth getting the monthly service.
do you have to select the services you do like lawn mowing landscaping hardscaping stuff like and they are still $5-$6 no matter what it is because we use home advisor now and everything is a different price and some leads our bs everything of got on there this year has been a waste of my time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Blade Runners's Avatar
Blade Runners Blade Runners is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 917
Yes you list your services and it matches you up with leads who need the same services.

I am not sure if prices change but I had 4 services listed and every lead was 5-6. Some were for mowing, some for aeration and overseeding, etc. I think that is their standard fee for any type of lead regardless of the work they need done or services you provide.

What you can do is list your business, then wait for them to send you a lead and you will know exactly what they cost individually. It will have a button for you to accept the lead and pay the single lead fee or you simply refuse it or not respond at all.
__________________

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blade Runners, LLC
Lawn Service Clarksville TN
Lawn Care Clarksville TN

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 PM
jequigle's Avatar
jequigle jequigle is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 223
I had 3 people in the past week want a quote for landscaping and I wrote back saying I needed to see the property to give a quote and I never heard back from anyone of them.. I have had 15 leads in the past 6 months and only got 1 job..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM
raish05 raish05 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: mt pleasant pa
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jequigle View Post
I had 3 people in the past week want a quote for landscaping and I wrote back saying I needed to see the property to give a quote and I never heard back from anyone of them.. I have had 15 leads in the past 6 months and only got 1 job..
was that on thumbtack or home advisor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.06245 seconds with 9 queries