Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2006, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

For residentials my friend uses a 48" Ferris IZ1500 I believe it is.

He loves it, but injured himself and is getting out of the business, so he's selling it for $4500 after just buying it and putting less than 25hrs on it!

I am sincerely thinking about adding it to the lineup since he paid $6700 new and it cuts and rides so nice.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I want exmark, so should i just go with the lazer hp 46" or 50"???? I want ztr because i have one commercial that is big, and i also want to get lawns done fast, but have them looking great, not just some crappy cut!!! Thanks alot! Kepp the replies coming!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinerCutslawnCare
I want exmark, so should i just go with the lazer hp 46" or 50"???? I want ztr because i have one commercial that is big, and i also want to get lawns done fast, but have them looking great, not just some crappy cut!!! Thanks alot! Kepp the replies coming!
You 've got $7700, I would go for 50" hp with 23 kawi, it is huge different in power between 19hp on 46" and 23 hp on 50". I would not go for eXmark, they are over priced anyway.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the second best thing for a ztr with a 50-56" deck?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlawley
^I'd like to take you through my schedule of 1/4 acre residentials and see how well that ztr works. With all the curves, beds, fences, hills, ditches, etc. you'd never make it, and I know this for a fact because I have tried. I don't know why you couldn't do 15-30 lawns a day with a wb, but most of us with them can easily. The least I do in a day is 17.
If you had gone to my web site Charles you would know that I own a 1997 Scag Belt WB. New to the aresonal for 05 is an 05 Scag Z-Cat. New for the 06 season is a 48" Scag SWZ. I have many hours on mostly farm equipment. Living on Farm in Western KS. for nearly 26 yrs before moving to florida. I have driven combines, Swathers, Grain Trucks, Square and Round Bailers. I have even butchered, casterated, weined calves, had calves even give birth in the living room next to the old pot bellie stove. The moral of this is I have used a WB for nearly 20 something yrs. for one reason or another, However, for the growth of my company and business model I mainly use the Z, Although you notice I added a Hydro WB. Hope to be in the NC area sometime in Nov, Dec. Would love to meet you. We can never not know enough. Besides it's always a pleasure to go to another persons play area and see how they do things. Just an Old KS boy doin the Florida thing.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Exmark Lazer hp 44". This a great mower for residential. It's small size ensures that you will be able to fit through gates. The 48" deck would be slightly better in the fact that you would be able to get closer to things to cut. With the 44" deck the edges are about the same width as the tire and it is a little harder to cut up close with out hitting your tires. If I were to replace it someday I would get a 48" deck. IMO anything bigger will make it harder to cut, plus with a smaller mower you get more stripes in the lawn, and I love stripes.

blog site