Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Husky 323L reviews?

Hey, any solid reviews on the husquvarna 323l trimmer? Far as power, quality, durability?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I've had mine for a year now. IMO, it's the perfect machine for trimming lawns, very light yet powerful. It doesn't have quite enough power for heavy weed whacking, but is great for trimming. I had to replace the recoil starter a couple months ago. That seems to be a weak point on them. But I would definitely buy another one.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

my favorite trimmer for daily use. I use a 326 which is the same thing but with a skidplate
Old 08-29-2014, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Weight - awesomely light
Power - pretty good
Quality/durability - shorter life expectancy for us than almost any other brand we use but they are so nice
Old 08-29-2014, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I went ahead and bought one and all I can say is I have never used a trimmer this light!!
love it so far!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still using this 322 that's at least 10 years old. Love it.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

overall I like my 326. I'm cutting grass and weeds up to 3' tall with just the normal line. It seems to run on the rich side but I've been afraid to lean it out since it already gets really hot around the muffler. Also sometimes I have to manually let the line out by that could be how I'm winding it or the line I'm using.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 323 L and love it. Nice and light and good for trimming maintained lawns. I can one-hand it down slopes and under low limbs. I wish the fuel tank was larger though.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveitgreen View Post
I've had mine for a year now. IMO, it's the perfect machine for trimming lawns, very light yet powerful. It doesn't have quite enough power for heavy weed whacking, but is great for trimming. I had to replace the recoil starter a couple months ago. That seems to be a weak point on them. But I would definitely buy another one.

I agree. I love the Husky's I've collected over the last few months. Although I'm trying out the new Stihl 94's that weigh 10.1 lbs next. Huskies have been great, light, enough power for weekly/biweekly lawns, and have been pretty durable. As far as starting? They always start and run, never an issue. I do agree the recoil is a weak point. Are you replacing the whole recoil assembly or just the spring? I had one break just last week. I threw it in the truck and came home and broke it down. Rather then replacing the whole assembly, I inspected it further this time. Problem was the "round" spring that circles around and around. That spring makes circles, well the spring had bent a little bit out of shape, almost un-noticable unless you look at it really close. That spring laps over and over. Well it came unlapped on one of the springs and was causing the rope to not wind, rewind properly and the pull rope would just get stuck when you pull.

Rather then replacing the whole assembly again at $40.00, I replaced that spring at $6.00 and it solved the problem. So keep that in mind next time if you've been replacing the whole assembly. Other then that I have no other complaints about the Huskies.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.

Tags
husquvarna , trimmers