Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say your 50% right, I usta have one customer that lived in Florida in a huge mansion and had several homes spaced out around NJ that he didnt live in but he could rent out to people or lend it to friends etc, rarely comes up to new jersey, just wants the places kept up before the town gets after him, so I email him the bill and he paypals me the money within a few days, hes a better payer then some of my customers that live in their homes.

Jeff
Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't go to any estimates unless someone is going to be there PERIOD! because they always call you back or when you call them back and they start asking questions that you can only answer if your there. We do a couple of vacant properties, but I met with the owners. One is a church and the other is house that they just want kept up, no problems so far with payments.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Investment properties are the easiest to do IMO. They are never there & they really don't care what it looks like as long as they don't have to mess with it & nobody complains (tenants or neighbors). If you are concerned w/ payment, just let them know that it will be X dollars to get started and then send them an invoice at the beginning of each month to continue that month.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrz
Investment properties are the easiest to do IMO. They are never there & they really don't care what it looks like as long as they don't have to mess with it & nobody complains (tenants or neighbors). If you are concerned w/ payment, just let them know that it will be X dollars to get started and then send them an invoice at the beginning of each month to continue that month.
I will keep this in mind for future reference, I guess the reason I'm so skittish is I've gotten burned a few times on this vacant property deal. I do have one or two that I service which are like that, so you guys are right, too.

By the time I had made up my mind last night, it was 9:30p and I don't call nobody after 9, that's my own rule. So this morning at 9a I called, and left a message (well no answer). Get a call back this afternoon and she found someone else (but not another Lco, the neighbors are going to do it), which was the other part I'd forgotten to mention: She wanted this done like right AWAY and 24-48 hours was too long a wait yet the grass is over a foot tall anyhow, see the whole thing just had a smelly aroma to it as far as I'm concerned.

She does live there, wanted some more stuff estimated but I'm just letting this one go.
Maybe I am wrong, but it's just one of those things ...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNJLandman
I would say your 50% right, I usta have one customer that lived in Florida in a huge mansion and had several homes spaced out around NJ that he didnt live in but he could rent out to people or lend it to friends etc, rarely comes up to new jersey, just wants the places kept up before the town gets after him, so I email him the bill and he paypals me the money within a few days, hes a better payer then some of my customers that live in their homes.

Jeff
what the hell is "usta"? and i'm the one, with the g.e.d
Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
what the hell is "usta"? and i'm the one, with the g.e.d
You mean G.E.D.D?

Buck