Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I think the package your referring to was around 60 grand....... that's a lot of scratch for what they offered. Even 3k for a push mower and a couple handhelds. That's a crazy amount of upfront capitol for what seems like a niche market.

As a far as fuel we use bulk at the shop, crew comes back, cleans truck, fuels truck and mowers and are ready for the next day. Like I said the battery thing seems neat but not an economical option for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that is a little of a rip off. 3k for the push mower and handhelds is WAY over priced. Now if it was a grand and was self propelled, then it would be a better deal. If say Exmark made something like that it would probably be less. Give it a few years and batteries will be cheaper.

Seems like you have a productive setup. BTW, I read you thread and you have some nice equipment. There is NO way you could even use electric mowers because you gut huge properties!! My favorite is the diesel mowers. There a great alternative to gas because they last longer, pollute less and while they do cost more to fill up, they go farther. My least favorite was the fords... JK, they look cool!! You got everything except a new body style 2011 or up!!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Speaking of alternative fuels a little off topic but does anyone run a wood boiler to heat their shop? Taking a serious look at them for our new shop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I seen a new Gravely propane in action it was tuff out cut the 460 but seem dangerous to me with 2 tanks beside you and a possible leak then static or electrical spark boom.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)