Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-10-2015, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
We are installing all of the above. All depends what the client wants and the area that needs to be re-landscaped. We have been installing a lot of artificial grass for use as dog parks, its a bit pricey though, material alone is about $6 a

Our area is really saturated but there is enough work to go around. The majority of the "contractors " are unlicensed so we have an edge on them. They can only go after residential work and we can attack both, even though we dont do much residential but its good to have the option.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im not sure how much experience you have with other areas, but do you find people in the bay area to be more open minded about landscaping (using natives, xeriscaping, etc...?) I know its also a wealthy area. Thats cool you live around there.
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda
Old 08-10-2015, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
Im not sure how much experience you have with other areas, but do you find people in the bay area to be more open minded about landscaping (using natives, xeriscaping, etc...?) I know its also a wealthy area. Thats cool you live around there.
I honestly wasn't sure how this whole drought was going to affect the industry, we just kept our fingers crossed and prayed for the best. I am glad people in the Bay Area do care and are doing their part by reducing water usage and changing their overall landscape. They either let it all die or they go with a xeriscape, you will see artificial turf here and there but mostly in backyards. Plant knowledge is also a huge help when it comes to selling, especially knowing about CA native/drought tolerant plants. Most people were under the impression that a drought tolerant landscape was dull and boring, but with a little creativity you can make some really nice landscapes.
Posted via Mobile Device