Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I believe you Riggle. Often the pressure cylinder with solos can fill with fluid. Even to the point of disallowing air to pressurize the tank. You will be able to tell it is happening because when you pump down the pump handle will automatically rise up. You will have to remove the pressure regular and then tip the sprayer upside down to let it empty.

Using lesco-sol after use will neutralize any AI. Safer then just rinsing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2014, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Does anybody agree with me? I think there is a hidden air chamber in backpack sprayers that is usually filled with air, but can get filled with herbicide solution. Turning the backpack upside down will not empty out the air chamber.
Its number 39 in the blow-up diagram: "Pressure cylinder".
http://www.gemplers.com/shop/hsolop

Another problem, under certain conditions when a hand can 2 gal sprayer is left full for a long period of time--the solution can leak past the rubber seal into the bottom of the pump cylinder itself. This can potentially contaminate the next "load".
I do. I've been using Stihl SG20's for a while now and use dedicated sprayers for this reason. The set up is slightly different, but the risk is still there.

You can pump the sprayer up, open the lid and......it doesn't lose the preasure..... 119$ ea.is what I paid for them. One for gly, one for lawns and one for insecticides. A couple of mature shrubs, or sod patching covers the cost fairly quickly. Sounds like a pain to have a few of them, but I never have to take all 3 in a day
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
how do you like the fastpak so far?
I'll chime in to this as I bought the 6 gallon sprayer last season, but ended up selling it after a few months. They are okay sprayers. I would compare it to a Solo vs a SP systems. The lid felt very light and when not screwed on exactly correct it would leak, but too tight and it would pop off. My SP backpack can be tightened down as much as you want and still have a great seal. Also the seals aren't that wide on the lid. It is a heavy fool of a sprayer when full. The straps could be a lot more padded. It does have a nice battery life though. If I could do it all over again I would have just bought a 50 gallon skid sprayer.