Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-25-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There will always be folks out there trying to pull this crap.... Same guys that call in "sick" all the time... Sick, right, more like dope sick! It is a shame to say it but trust nobody other than guys that have proved that they can be trusted. GPS in the trucks? Yup. Random quality control and showing up to jobs? Yup. Gas cards with mileage requirements or just plain morning gas meet ups? Yup. Urine tests? Yup. I am sorry but I have staked my life and my families life on this business and I would have to be a complete moron to trust folks who haven't earned it.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you arms.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-25-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your dead on Arms!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys....
Honestly though, this is a subject that I feel strongly about.... And believe me, I don't think that every owner out there that has gotten burned is an idiot. I see it all the time, when I was in Boston with 20 companies in 40 square miles...... And now even up here in Upstate New York. Guy starts a company; Guy does good work; Guy gets a good name; Guy gets busy; Guy gets busier; Guy gets busier; "Oh Shi#, I have all this work and no employees to help do it! If I start turning down work I am going to get a bad name!"; Guy hires the first able bodied dude to respond to the help wanted ad.; Guy gets BURNED!!!!!
Those dollar signs are just too hard to ignore huh? Employees are without a doubt, 100%, the hardest issue that a modern Landscaping/Lawncare/Lawn Maintenance/Hardscaping business owner has to deal with. But in all honesty it is better to "hire slow" as they say, and risk slower growth than to come in too hot with these idiots that are out there and will inevitably give you and your company a bad name and possibly a bad bottom line.....