Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Love the setup! What did you do with the leaves in the clamshell? How do you like the mulch system and clamshell?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man! I really love the setup I have too. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Hurricane mulch kit performs on the V-ride. There were some properties with not so many leaves where I could have gotten away with not even collecting the debris because it did such a nice job. Or I could have walked around with a blowers to help the mulched up leaves settle into the turf. I am thinking about putting the mulch kit on mid season next summer it works so well at cutting and dispersing the clippings into the lawn.

I have several large properties 5 acres plus and those tend to have woods along the outside of them so I offer to dump into the woods and then blow the piles of mulched leaves into the woods for no extra charge.

On properties where I have to take the debris with me I make a pile next to my trailer and then use a snow shovel to put the debris into large Brute 55 gallon cans. I have a dump trailer that I store outside at the Marina near my home so I just stop by and empty the cans on my way home.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4me View Post
Thanks man! I really love the setup I have too. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Hurricane mulch kit performs on the V-ride. There were some properties with not so many leaves where I could have gotten away with not even collecting the debris because it did such a nice job. Or I could have walked around with a blowers to help the mulched up leaves settle into the turf. I am thinking about putting the mulch kit on mid season next summer it works so well at cutting and dispersing the clippings into the lawn.

I have several large properties 5 acres plus and those tend to have woods along the outside of them so I offer to dump into the woods and then blow the piles of mulched leaves into the woods for no extra charge.

On properties where I have to take the debris with me I make a pile next to my trailer and then use a snow shovel to put the debris into large Brute 55 gallon cans. I have a dump trailer that I store outside at the Marina near my home so I just stop by and empty the cans on my way home.

Has anybody out there put the mulching kit on a 36" V Ride? I'm thinking about putting it on mine but thought I heard of a problem with it on the 36's.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I just run the mulch plate not the entire kit and it does great here on Bermuda and zoysia all year long.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd recommend the $75 plate for it versus the 300$+ kit. And whoever was talking about the tire you can put bigger and flatter tires on the 36" machine. Eliminated ruts for us and increased traction as well was less turf tear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Thats a good idea. Which blades do you use with the plate? I'll be cutting bermuda and St. Augustine.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I've used the original blades, the scag wavy mulch blades and gator blades. All seem todo good jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
I've used the original blades, the scag wavy mulch blades and gator blades. All seem todo good jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2014, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I am going to try the mulch plate since I only cut Bermuda.
Posted via Mobile Device