Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

DPPA does not apply to banks, mortgage companies, debt collection companies, asset recovery companies and many others.

DPPA is a joke. Your license plate info, VIN info, DMV info, criminal history and just about everything else you can think of is public information. Some things you have to state you have an exemption, but there's nothing stopping anyone from finding out just about everything they want to know about you.

Just for fun, Google License Plate Search.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates on the jerk, has he threatened you since the first instance? Are you still gonna cut that lawn. Maybe he will leave you alone now. I don't think it was right what he done and you should protect yourself just curious to see if everything melted over since that crappy day. Good luck to you hopefully this goes away for you soon.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, no "Jerk" updates. I think I'm going to drop that customer. The only work they send me is problematic. Not standard BS problems but angry neighbor, lawsuit ridden nightmare work. And it's all been outside my ideal operating area. In short, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Hoping to find time for a legal consult Friday. May be a waste of time.

It's ironic. I've worked in some bad, make that BAD neighborhoods before for brokers. Crack houses, with all sorts of shady characters. The place that I have the most trouble with?... An empty, vacant lot. Go figure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't about the rest of you guys, but I have had some real pitas this year. Never the high end really nice properties either. Real oddball crap too. I've fired plenty of customers that just became too demanding for the level of service they were willing to pay for.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Mows View Post
With a tow truck in his drive and knowing your info, he's probably a repo operator and pays to have access to license plate info and other public searches. Using that sort of service in this manner would be a violation of his service agreement so complain to whatever agency oversees repo operators.

If he did have a Police Officer run the tag for him, that would be a violation of State law and could cause the department to lose or have their access to the State CIC suspended. Officers lose their jobs over this violation. I'm a retired small town Police Chief and have had first-hand experience with Officers doing this. It's very easy to see who ran a tag, each Officer and Dispatcher has their own id number which is entered anytime the system is accessed. Very simple to back search and see who all has run your tag. In Tn, an Officer who does this and accepts payment has committed a felony, I would imagine Missouri is the same.
I only read through page 1 so far, but what PK states is more than likely the case.

Pretty sure you're overthinking it.

PS If you really want to worry about something, the NSA is recording all your phone calls, e-mails, texts, twits, FB posts, LS posts, etc.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office

Last edited by Mark Oomkes; 09-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Finally got a response from the duty Sargent. Local police seem to think its "public information" and have no interest in investigating how he acquired it. Insisted that I would need an attorney to subpoena the Regis data to determine whom accessed the DMV info. He did invite me to return to the station to swear out a statement and press charges. Ultimately he advised me that it sounded like it would come to his word vs mine.

Four days to respond to a man threatening my family seems like a long time to me. Thursday noon, till 10:30 this morning.

I have an attorney I've worked wih in the past for tickets etc. but nothing like this. Not sure it's really in his wheel house so to speak. Could use a "Saul Goodman".
Posted via Mobile Device
I personly think ya should give it a rest. Drop the account and the problems that come with it. The dude was just pissed that you were screwing up his plans for the homestead act.