Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
DA Quality Lawn & YS's Avatar
DA Quality Lawn & YS DA Quality Lawn & YS is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 7,813
I shouldn't bash Ferris unless I have tried them I guess.
No one around here runs them. A lot of Gravely, some Deere, some Exmark/Toro, some Scag. Have not seen a Ferris yet.
__________________
7x14 Stealth SE Enclosed with 48" side ramp
08 Toro Z400 48" deck, 21HP Kaw with EZ Vac twin bag
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 PM
LibertyFarmLandscaping's Avatar
LibertyFarmLandscaping LibertyFarmLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE TX
Posts: 936
I mowed a 6 acre place yesterday that was very tall, damp, mostly weeds. My 460 gravely with the 26.5 Kohler efi had the highest fuel usage since I've had it of 1.28 gph. I was able to get through it with no problems. Had to double cut of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
I mowed a 6 acre place yesterday that was very tall, damp, mostly weeds. My 460 gravely with the 26.5 Kohler efi had the highest fuel usage since I've had it of 1.28 gph. I was able to get through it with no problems. Had to double cut of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was told by a gentleman at Chesapeake Engines today that he had a 2003 Exmark with a Kohler 26 hp EFI that had 3800 hours and the engine had never given one minutes problem. He told me the engine had been as near perfect as any one he could ever hope to own. He is very fortunate I would say.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-05-2014, 09:32 PM
LibertyFarmLandscaping's Avatar
LibertyFarmLandscaping LibertyFarmLandscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE TX
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I was told by a gentleman at Chesapeake Engines today that he had a 2003 Exmark with a Kohler 26 hp EFI that had 3800 hours and the engine had never given one minutes problem. He told me the engine had been as near perfect as any one he could ever hope to own. He is very fortunate I would say.
He is very fortunate and that is good to hear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:42 PM
DA Quality Lawn & YS's Avatar
DA Quality Lawn & YS DA Quality Lawn & YS is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 7,813
3800 hrs on a Kohler EFI? Did everything else on the mower fall apart except for the engine?
__________________
7x14 Stealth SE Enclosed with 48" side ramp
08 Toro Z400 48" deck, 21HP Kaw with EZ Vac twin bag
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:10 AM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
3800 hrs on a Kohler EFI? Did everything else on the mower fall apart except for the engine?
He told me he was in the process of purchasing a new mower, and that it was time. I took that to mean the mower had gotten to the point it was taking more to keep it up than it was worth.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.07884 seconds with 9 queries