Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 PM
surfmotion surfmotion is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boxford, MA
Posts: 11
Maruyama Multicutter Question...

So I have the Maruyama multicutter with a hedge trimmer attachment only. I wanted to get more attachments, but there are very few used attachments out there for maruyama. My question is, does anyone know if any other brand could fit on my maruyama shaft? I'm not sure of how the other brands (stihl kombi, redmax, etc) are built. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It seems like there's probably a basic design that all these multi-head units would use, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make them compatible.

Thanks for any help!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 PM
HenryB HenryB is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,500
Redmax att work on maruyama same shaft.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:41 PM
surfmotion surfmotion is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boxford, MA
Posts: 11
I'm sorry... Couldn't really understand your response.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,773
I think he means Redmax attachments will work on your Maruyama. Why not simply buy Maruyama attachments? How do you like the multi cutter system, is it comfortable, would it be practical for commercial use going to multiple lawns taking it on and off? Do you think having the weight of the motor off your hands/arms will make a noticeable difference in reduced fatigue?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM
surfmotion surfmotion is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boxford, MA
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I think he means Redmax attachments will work on your Maruyama. Why not simply buy Maruyama attachments? How do you like the multi cutter system, is it comfortable, would it be practical for commercial use going to multiple lawns taking it on and off? Do you think having the weight of the motor off your hands/arms will make a noticeable difference in reduced fatigue?
Are you thinking of the backpack system? I have the regular head unit I carry in my hands just like a normal trimmer... The Maruyama is great! I have the reticulating 24" hedge trimmer attachment on the 25cc engine. Plenty if power. The only downfall is that the hedge trimmer is so heavy duty that it's... Heavy! But it's a good shoulder workout and I actually get used to it after holding it for a few minutes. I got a good deal on ebay, so that's why I went with maruyama. There's not too many dealers in mass that deal with them anymore though. The maruyama website shows a bunch of dealers, but when I call them they all say maruyma a was a pain in the butt to deal with on their end, so they stopped selling them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 AM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmotion View Post
Are you thinking of the backpack system? I have the regular head unit I carry in my hands just like a normal trimmer... The Maruyama is great! I have the reticulating 24" hedge trimmer attachment on the 25cc engine. Plenty if power. The only downfall is that the hedge trimmer is so heavy duty that it's... Heavy! But it's a good shoulder workout and I actually get used to it after holding it for a few minutes. I got a good deal on ebay, so that's why I went with maruyama. There's not too many dealers in mass that deal with them anymore though. The maruyama website shows a bunch of dealers, but when I call them they all say maruyma a was a pain in the butt to deal with on their end, so they stopped selling them.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was thinking you had the backpack system I saw on their website.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:59 AM
smallengineshop smallengineshop is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ewing IL
Posts: 52
Backback cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I was thinking you had the backpack system I saw on their website.
I never sold or used one of them yet but I did try one on it is sorta like a backpack blower I liked it..!
__________________
Shade Tree Outdoor Power
sales and service since 2006

Toro
Dolmar
Maruyama
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2013, 06:58 AM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallengineshop View Post
I never sold or used one of them yet but I did try one on it is sorta like a backpack blower I liked it..!
What would they sell for? How difficult are they to take on/off. Do you think it would work for someone who goes to multiple lawns in a day?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.06362 seconds with 9 queries