Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Around here only a few companies want to mess with leaf cleanups, most part time guys and such give it up once the grass slows down. Due to our elevations and such about 1/4 of our are done with grass cutting and are now in "leaf mode", the rest are still growing decent and getting leaves as well as mowing. The latter will probably be completely finished with leaf cleanups around Thanksgiving week. We also do firewood on the side in the winter, it's not huge, but it makes some extra during the winter.
Here in middle TN its in my tos that 2nd week of Nov. mowing ends. Leaf clean-up will continue rest of month. Then my long list Maintenence work begins have enough work to last till mid Jan. As Crepe trimming does not even start till Jan. After that maybe some snow management then back to work March 1st mulching, bulb planting and clean-ups mowing starts back March 15th.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually around mid November is when the mowing slows or stops. Most of my contract clients have mowing stipulated through the 2nd full week in November. After that it's some leaf clean ups, small landscape projects and things of that nature when the situation arises. Then I come out of my own dormancy in late January and I am mowing again the 2nd week in March.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Forgot to read the whole thread, but I will stop mowin when the grass stops growin n'at!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mowing ends for me at the end of October. We will then switch to leaf cleanup mode for November. We work until all the cleanups on the list are finished. The repeat customers get 2 visits in November to keep ahead of the leaf volume. Then we do the one timers or new customers the second half of November. We rarely work into December, the ground and leaves are often frozen up by then. Then we wait for snow.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds bout right or when there's 6 inches of snow on the ground.