Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
show-n-go's Avatar
show-n-go show-n-go is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
Hey, not knocking you in the least but really, your customers are PIGS! Those are nice houses and nice lawns. Why don't they let their dogs crap on the living room rug too? The real answer is that people like that have no business owning animals in the first place because they can't take care of them. But hey, if they are that stupid you might as well take their money.
So because people have the money to pay for this service they are pigs?
So if people hire a nanny to clean up after their kids are they pigs too? If they are paying to clean t up I'd say they are taking care of their pets.
__________________
You can never have to much horsepower or too much money.... It's just hard to have both.

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
Hey, not knocking you in the least but really, your customers are PIGS! Those are nice houses and nice lawns. Why don't they let their dogs crap on the living room rug too? The real answer is that people like that have no business owning animals in the first place because they can't take care of them. But hey, if they are that stupid you might as well take their money.
or they don't want to smell the crap in the 90 degree baking sun.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-16-2014, 01:59 PM
CL&T CL&T is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 487
Quote:
So because people have the money to pay for this service they are pigs?
Money or not they are PIGS. Where I live there is a family down the street who is so lazy that all they do is open the front door and let the dog out on a long retractable leash. It urinates and craps all over the concrete front walk and what's left of the grass in the front yard. In their case the daughter may clean up once a month during the summer or let their LCO pick it up.

If you are clever enough to start a business catering to those kinds I applaud you, but it doesn't change the fact that your customers are dysfunctional and ignorant of the facts. All dogs harbor coliform bacteria, which live in the gut. The group includes E. coli, a bacterium that can cause disease, and fecal coliform bacteria, which spread through feces. Dogs also carry salmonella and giardia. These are nasty diseases and if your customers have young children or maybe have a compromised immune system they can be deadly. There is NO EXCUSE for not immediately cleaning up after your pet as well as requiring it to urinate and crap in a suitable location away from areas where kids and people are if you are a responsible owner. Hiring someone like you is just a feel-good lazy way out. I don't care how someone cleans up and how much bleach you use (how do you use bleach on lawns??) you're not going to maintain sanitary conditions- especially with urine soaked concrete.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-16-2014, 07:09 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,088
You better go buy a plastic bubble. There are all kinds of germs all around you.
__________________
Chris

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 PM
cli99's Avatar
cli99 cli99 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&T View Post
Money or not they are PIGS. Where I live there is a family down the street who is so lazy that all they do is open the front door and let the dog out on a long retractable leash. It urinates and craps all over the concrete front walk and what's left of the grass in the front yard. In their case the daughter may clean up once a month during the summer or let their LCO pick it up.

If you are clever enough to start a business catering to those kinds I applaud you, but it doesn't change the fact that your customers are dysfunctional and ignorant of the facts. All dogs harbor coliform bacteria, which live in the gut. The group includes E. coli, a bacterium that can cause disease, and fecal coliform bacteria, which spread through feces. Dogs also carry salmonella and giardia. These are nasty diseases and if your customers have young children or maybe have a compromised immune system they can be deadly. There is NO EXCUSE for not immediately cleaning up after your pet as well as requiring it to urinate and crap in a suitable location away from areas where kids and people are if you are a responsible owner. Hiring someone like you is just a feel-good lazy way out. I don't care how someone cleans up and how much bleach you use (how do you use bleach on lawns??) you're not going to maintain sanitary conditions- especially with urine soaked concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
You better go buy a plastic bubble. There are all kinds of germs all around you.

That's just nasty!!!! Now I know how you feel. My neighbor is a 300 pounder... that pretty much explains it all, same thing, opes the door, dog craps on the deck and pees on it, buts that's america, lazy !! Be proud!! I was out cutting the crass and could actually smell it, oh yea also its a Trex deck! Yea a bubble and a roll off dumpster for all the crap!! (preferable switch n go)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 PM
CL&T CL&T is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
You better go buy a plastic bubble. There are all kinds of germs all around you.
Agreed and many are unavoidable. But as a human being with a working brain I wouldn't want to put myself and family at risk by living in a cesspool.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-16-2014, 09:36 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,521
So is it hard to find employees to do this? Whats the start pay? i might need a job if this lawn care thing don't work out. lol.

What about cat liter box mess clean-out / pick-up? theres an idea. Your website looks good.
__________________

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Pet Domestic's Avatar
Pet Domestic Pet Domestic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: McLean, VA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
So is it hard to find employees to do this? Whats the start pay? i might need a job if this lawn care thing don't work out. lol.

What about cat liter box mess clean-out / pick-up? theres an idea. Your website looks good.
Not hard at all, and no previous training is required. All techs are provided 4G LTE phone, uniform, and training before working solo.

We don't currently offer cat litter box scooping as that would require entering homes, a liability I'd rather avoid at the moment.
__________________
Ethan @ Pet Domestic
Tired of mowing over dog poop? Partner with us! ($$$)
petdomestic.com
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Stars & Stripes Landscaping Stars & Stripes Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 248
Talk about finding a niche market, great idea.
__________________
Stars & Stripes Landscaping
Stars.StripesLandscaping@gmail.com

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Rich2014 Rich2014 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Waverly, NY
Posts: 6
I have seen this in more and more areas and believe it or not there is a large market for it. I have an additional charge in my weekly prices for my customers with pets. There is nothing worse to me than leaving a home with dogs and then having dog poo on your tires and then all over your trailer deck. God forbid you have to lay on that to change out a belt or work on a mower between jobs. It just makes for a crappy situation. But hey if the guy is making a living off other peoples laziness more power to him. Good for him and I wish him the best of luck. We all started a business with the aim to make money some just have different ideas as to how they are going to make it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dogs , pooper scooper , stripes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.10356 seconds with 10 queries