The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-17-2014, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Any chance in the future you all will be able to sync with qb payments
Old 12-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroocuts View Post
So your saying make the invoices in jobber, then go back to Quickbooks. Then turn on accept qb payments.

Any chance in the future you all will be able to sync with qb payments?
Yes if you are going to use QuickBooks to accept payment you can send all the invoices from Jobber to QuickBooks, but don't have QuickBooks send the payment information back to Jobber. At this time it can cause some duplication with payment history so for now it is better to manually change the invoice status to paid in Jobber when you have received the payment in QuickBooks.

We currently have 2 developers working on improving the QuickBooks sync. I do not know if payments are being worked on at this time but it is being discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
I tried it again this morning seem to work better

Thanks
Awesome! Good to hear Charles.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old Today, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a question for you Landen, or anyone there at jobber who might be able to help me out.

I'm thinking ahead for the coming year and was wondering about past mowing jobs. I had hundreds of jobs that were used in 2014 for "Mow & Edge" that lasted 7 months with weekly or biweekly visits. At the end of the job time I either created more visits since the lawns were still growing or closed the job and waited till the end of the month for final invoicing.

For next year and for the future here are my questions:

Do I need to go back through and reopen all of the jobs before I can create visits for next year?
Do I need to go though my client list and create new jobs for each using the old job as a reference?
Is there a way that I can create a job, schedule it for 7-8 months (weekly visits) then have it not create visits for the other 4-5 months and reoccur for say 5 years? That way I don't have to get to spring and wonder where some client went since the job didn't carry over.

All of the questions aside:
I would be willing to create 5 years worth of visits (weekly) for all 12 months of the year if there was a way for me to delete 30+ visits per day, around the time that fall/winter comes around, without having to manually select and delete them. Then in the spring I would simply stop deleting days as the grass starts growing and my calender with pricing and all ready to go would be there. Something just like the mass visit creator, except it deletes schedule visits.
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old Today, 05:45 PM
Sponsor

Hey! So I asked around and this was the best way that we could come up for handling that kind of scheduling setup.

First, create a basic task for yourself in the spring to remind yourself to contact your clients to sign them up again for the next year. You may not have to do this step but it can help to not forget clients that you want to renew with.

At the end of the season, so the 7-8 months, close the job. At the start of the new season once you got your task reminder and know you will be doing work for that client, re-open the job.

Then you can move the start date up to the beginning of the new season. It will carry over the visit schedule that you created in the job creation tool.

So last year you would have 7 months recurring visit schedule for weekly mows. Then the new season when you re-open the job and move the start date up, it will recreate that weekly schedule for the new season. All past history of visits will not be lost and it will save you from creating a new job for each client.

This way will let you recreate the schedule from the previous year for the new season the fastest.

There is also a way that you can create a quote and create new jobs based of that quote over and over again, using it as a job template.

If you have any other questions let me know

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook