Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Prefered brand of 72" or 78" dirt bucket?

I'm looking to buy a new 72" or 78" dirt bucket for my ctl. I've currently got an 80" bucket which is turning out to be a huge pita to find edges for. Very few stock an 82" edge and the ones that do have a different bolt pattern then my bucket. I've been looking at Berlon buckets which are made about an hour and a half from me and the dealer network is huge around here for them. Is there another brand I should look at which would have a more standardized size and bolt pattern for edges? Around here 75% of what I see is Berlon, the occasional FFC, Virnig, or machine branded (Case/Cat/Deere,etc) buckets. What's your guys thoughts or experiences with buckets and what to check for when buying?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of the branded buckets are Bradco, I have two of these buckets a 78" extend lip/low profile and an 84" low profile. Pretty HD, a good bucket for the money. The CASE HD buckets are excellent, their design and weight resembles a loader backhoe bucket. I would look in those as well.

I have a Virnig grapple bucket, well built, I don't have any experience with their dirt buckets.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

On the MTL16 I had it came with a Virnig 72" long lip with bolt on cutting edge and liked it. Very heavy duty and would have liked to keep it.

The only bad thing I can think about it is it did take some breakout away because it was extended so far.