Register free!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turfinator View Post
I dropped over 100 accounts that I had from a landscaper for this same reason, "the get paid when we have money for you policy" wasn't cutting it! I did have the thought of not wanting to lose revenue, but I have added that lost revenue back (and then some) with good paying more profitable accounts! Best decision ever is to lose the customers that have an attitude of pushing you around because you "need their business". My advise is to be polite, but do not compromise. Give them your terms of doing business together and make sure they agree, if not, they will have to find another service. Just remember to not let emotions get involved, even if they are snotty with you just be professional.
its hard to let go of that feeling "I'm going to lose revenue, i'm going to have less money coming in". Truth of the matter is, especially in fert, if they don't pay, you're out a lot of money. When they don't pay their bill for 90 days, you spread up to three applications with nothing coming in. Could be hundreds in tied up funds.

It's just not worth it. Even if you're cutting grass solo, waiting until july to get paid for the first cut that year is nuts.

I still can't get over how rude this secretary was.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post
its hard to let go of that feeling "I'm going to lose revenue, i'm going to have less money coming in". Truth of the matter is, especially in fert, if they don't pay, you're out a lot of money. When they don't pay their bill for 90 days, you spread up to three applications with nothing coming in. Could be hundreds in tied up funds.

It's just not worth it. Even if you're cutting grass solo, waiting until july to get paid for the first cut that year is nuts.

I still can't get over how rude this secretary was.
Ya I hear you , hopefully on the flip side she is a good employee for THEM...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2014, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
Alot of good questions and input, ty

yes i have a waitlist on new customers, and the two res accts are classified 3x difficulty, gated pools, small areas, alot of edging, pets etc.

I will talk it out with owner and see if we come to terms.
I run a business and i pay all bills upon reciept. I have contracts and policies in place for a reason, cant see waivering for this, but im cooled off and we will try to fix it
Posted via Mobile Device
You answered your own question. Drop them like a bad habit. Crap like this keeps you up at night, while other things in your business are supposed to keep you up at night. 1. Notify them 2. Drop them 3. Sue them.