Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-01-2000, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if I'm the only person, but I anybody out there like to show off for the customers? Whenever someone is outside or looking, I like to flip the whip around and look real suave while doing a perfect job! Just wondering if anyone did the same! Stories would be great!
Old 08-01-2000, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ill only do that on my own lawn,no playing around on customers lawns,but anything goes on mine since my son and daughter have practically made a flattrack out of it with there little quadsport 80's so I couldnt hurt it much.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
Old 08-01-2000, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

hey nothing wrong with showing off your talent on your z mowers people are intrigued with us buzzing around their yard here's a story....last summer we show up for a scheduled cutting and the next door neighbors are having a yard sale there were about 10 or 15 people there looking at yard sale junk...anyway...2 guys were on walker mowers and 2 weedeating i was doing my P.R. when i noticed that all 15 or so people were watching us fly through that yard so i went and unloaded another walker and started on the front yard i showed them what the walkers would do...so sue me we all had a little fun that morning..you have to have fun or it is not worth it right?..oh yea we cut that big yard and was back on the trailer in 15 or 20 min.... i got 2 more accounts out of that show, so i think it was worth it..
Old 08-02-2000, 08:12 PM

i would like to think customers are lopking at me and thinking. &quot; That is the greatest yard man we ever had. He drives that mower like a pro. Such precision. Fastest grass cutter we have ever seen. BUt i know what they really thinking. &quot;We paying that sob on that souped up mower to damn much money&quot;
Old 08-02-2000, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well isnt that true Charles. I like the look when they see me on em. They expect an hours worth of work or so for thier 25$. 10-15 minutes later they are impressed and yet saddened that thier money goes SO FAST. hehe
Old 08-02-2000, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

when I do residential lawns and see a homeowner I stop and see how they are doing if it looks like they are trying to flag ,e down if not I get positively detail orriented like the anonymity of commercial accounts better
Old 08-03-2000, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd like to think that all my customers appreciate the beautiful lines left in their lawns when I'm done but have come to realize they really don't give a $hit until their grass doesn't get cut; then they're calling mad as hornets. But still don't think they care about the bottom line. The bottom line for them.....that their grass gets cut!
Old 08-03-2000, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I think they just want their grass cut but I do enjoy riding that line of showing off and &quot;proficient equipment control&quot;. I know I would want the guy cutting my grass to appear to have a little less fun and take longer so I felt i was getting my money's worth.
Old 08-03-2000, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you should join the circus!! <p>LOL<p>Anyway, I'm a heavy equip. operator in the Air Force, for those of you who don't know already, and we have a big problem with this. Rookies try to show off by doing stupid $hit and abusing the equipment and risking their safety. A REAL OPERATOR can show off by being proffecient on the equipment. When I can run the machine flawlessly, thats showing off enough. I guess its a little bit easier with mowers though. If I saw a &quot;Z&quot; doing wheelies in my yard, I wouldn't think he was any good, I'd think he was an idiot and hire someone more mature. Save the bull$hit for your own lawns. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 08-03-2000, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I sometimes ride wheelies on my Wright Stander, but not on customers lawns.