Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-22-2005, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing on Bobcat 463...

Are the 463's close to the LS125(New Holland) price and performance? I heard one of the members here got a LS125 for under 12k
Old 03-22-2005, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a price on a NH LS120 (the gas model) of about $12500. The diesel (LS125) is more.

I got a price on a used 463 (about 100 hrs on it) at $12000. I think the new one was about $15000.

To rent the 463 was $1500 /month--or $150/day.

I didn't even start to talk to either one, but there is a decent off the shelf comparison.

They are comparable in specs., but the ls offers a few small extras. The bifggest thing was that the dealer tried to talk me out of it as he had a used 140 on the lot..... bald tires, >1000 hours, seat beat up, scratched all over and he wanted $11500 for it.

I found a used Bobcat 310 for substantially less than those two and it has many new parts. Runs like a million bucks and has very close to the same performance (only less hydro flow and slower speed). I wanted a gas job as I only need it intermittently for work around the house.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the imput Im trying to reduce man power, and replace with machinery........less problems all around!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I own an LS125. Here is my experience. I can load over the sides of my F700, (approximately 7'). If you plan on using it for excavating small areas and have compacted soil, the bucket is useless. It will just skip over the top with no ground penetration. As a mobile wheelbarrow, it is great and super maneuverable with no blind spots. What are your uses and I can give a more detailed response.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was looking to use it for mulching....loading wheel barrels faster etc. Also for lawn reno......strip sod and load into dump. Im pretty sure it would work well on shrub removal. Im sure it would have a use with snow operations as well. I guess what it all comes down to is this......This little machine would free me up a guy or two, and save my back . Anymore thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

It sounds as if your purposes are similar to mine. For loading wheelbarrows, you can't beat it. For stripping sod, don't count on it. The ls125 has a soil ripper available but I don't know how well it works. Snow removal works out well. If you plan on using any attachments with hydros, you will find it to be useless as the gpm is extremely low. It will also be underpowered while turning with a full 40" bucket of gravel. The engine will bog and sometimes need a moment to recover when on hard pavement. On grass, matting occurs more than tearing.
If you plan on using an enclosed trailer for transport,it will need an additional 6" of height to fit under the door header. If you have a larger skidsteer of 1700# lift or greater, with forks you can pick up the ls125 and put it in the back of a f250.
I'm not trying to discourage the ls125 as it is a good machine for its purpose. If I were to do it again, I would probably sacrifice the narrow platform and light weight and look at a Case 1825 or Bobcat 553. Stronger engine, better auxillary gpm, higher lift and enough down pressure to break soil. I believe they can also be set up to be as narrow as 42" with the right wheel/tire combos.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the helpful insight!
Old 03-26-2005, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

ever think about a mini skid like a dingo, etc?
it has the same (my tx425 has more) capacity than the 4series bobcat. they are also more maneuverable and easier to transport. with the tracks they leave almost NO turf dammage.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap