Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2005, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Vistaprint.com?

I'm new to this business and was wondering if anyone had used vistaprint.com for anything. I was thinking of ordering postcards from them, but read some reviews that said they were a rip off. And, does anyone know anywhere better to go for postcards?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure about post cards but I really like there buisness cards

Old 03-25-2005, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

48hourprint.com
overnightprints.com
Old 03-26-2005, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used vistaprint for my business cards and was extremely happy with them, fast quality and I paid the extra to have them expedited. It was still vastly cheaper than going the local printer route. I have not used them for anything else but would highly recommend them for business cards.

-Geoff
Old 03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i'll post some thoughts on vista's postcards as i ordered a small test run of 2,500 4/4 5.5"x8.5" postcards. i wanted to compare them to 48hour, who i've been very happy with for postcards, businees cards, and flyers. i'm in the same state as some of 48hour's operations, so i get hit with a sometimes "healthy" sales tax.

tony
Old 03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I use vistaprint for business cards, post cards, magnets, ect. Been very happy with them.
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Old 03-26-2005, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

VistaPrint is great! Dont order anything right away. Sign up and they will send you emails for up to 90% off the regular price!

I was very happy with the business cards I received. 1000 full color, glossy, with shipping was $18.50. Also the "standard shipping" was much faster than the 2-3 weeks they said it would be. It only took 1 week!!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I used vista print for my postcards and bcards this spring. I am very happy with their sevices. Just check out the link in my signature.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I had doorhangers made by 48hourprint.com, and I was not that happy with the quality of work on the job I received. Sure the price was right and my stuff was delivered fairly quickly, but overall, it should have been better. I had the printing done in 4-color process. I did the art myself and submitted the file through their online ordering system. Before submitting the art, I made sure the color was the way I wanted, by proofing the art on my own "photo-quality" printer. The colors looked really good, so I sent them the files. The stuff I received looked somewhat "washed-out", and the green areas looked dull. Not only that, but their Bindry process is sloppy. The cards were cut off-center and nearly cut off some of my wording. I know I had at least 1/8" between the edge and my wording, and the cut was right on the edge of the first sentence. Also with a doorhanger, you have a circle cut-out and a slit that runs off the edge. The slit on most of my cards was not cut all the way through, so every time I put one of them on a door handle, I had to tear the slit through to be able to hang the card. I think I will try someone else the next time.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used vista for a 2000 postcard order. Awesome customer service, and like mentioned above used one of their e-mail coupons they sent me. The woman I was dealing with told me she was having trouble entering the 20% coupon and would call me back. I thought it would end up in a cancel, but instead she gave me 30% off. 2000 cost me $123! I think now on their site it's about $159. Going for 10k next.