Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2005, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

will the 6.2 throw off my floating deck?

I am looking into getting the 6.2 because after looking around and hearing good reviews about it over others and how much it can handle I think it is the best option for my Turf Tracer HP
My question is, will the 6.2 throw off my floating deck with bring weight to the side when it gets filled up a bit with grass?
Thanks
Old 03-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Sponsor

It is hard for me to give an unequivocal answer, as different people seem to have a variety of experiences with this. The company I used to own (Yardmaster here in Bellevue WA) has 2 36 inch floating deck Exmarks. They often use our large catcher, and seem to have no problem with this when the grass is dry. Other users tell me they need to empty the bag before it gets full, or they need to put a small counterweight on the other side to avoid a problem. You can also weld a set screw to your left deck support that can be screwed down so the tip of the bolt touches the top of the deck (keeping it from moving up) when you are using the bagger in heavy grass conditions. Hopefully some of the lawnsite people who have used our bagger will share their experiences.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 03-27-2005, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 36" Exmark and a 6.2 catcher and I can unequivocally say that, no the weight of the catcher will not throw/lift the opposite side of the deck. I had the same concerns myself but figured if worse came to worse, I could simply install an extra clip/pin under the deck support frame in one of the unused deck adjustment holes. Did not come to this luckily and I have filled the bagger to capacity with wet grass.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks makes me feel better about the purchase. Tomorrow I am off to see how much it will hurt me in the wallet but I am sure in the long run it will benefit me!