Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2005, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Big, Huge Clean up!

I need some help giving an estimate, i will probably get it. It's a church,(that i dont go to) and it pretty large. Ill have 2 guys working, mabye 3. Im going to dethatch, blow all the debris, edge beds and walkways, and cultivate the beds. This is the biggest job ive ever done so i need some help.

THanks
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

o and one other thing, how much to mow weekly, if i get them as an account?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To be quite honest with you it would be very hard to give you numbers on the proposal.

You would need to factor in how many feet of edging, the size ( sq. ft ) of lawn area, trimming time, etc.

Maybe you can provide some of that information for a clearer picture.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

These type of questions really get to me now. My price, Joes price, Tom, Dick and Harrys price will not be the same. You are selling hours of work. The answer... How many hours per man (man hours) do you think it will take with the equipment you have. Figure your price per man hour and multipy. Say you bill out at $50 a man hour. You anticipate it will take you and 2 guys 8 hours to complete. That is 24 man hours times $50 an hour. $1200.

The variables are your price per man hour and the estimated time to complete it. The rest is simple.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im justing looking for a ball park range. Something that i can base off of. its mainly just the leaf blowing thats going to be time consumming. But i have a little wonder, billygoat, and redmaxs
Old 03-30-2005, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh sorry, just realized you are only 17.

The sooner you know your numbers, the sooner you will excel. If you don't take the time to figure this stuff out you are just waisting your life in business.

Time yourself on jobs....Time your workers.... Come up with formulas to figure out estimated man hours for everything.

Start today, time every job you do and look at the results. Use these times for future bidding. Its all a crap shoot until you do so.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ballpark for Joe could be $200, Fred could be $2000. There is no such thing as a ballpark for this. You are missing the whole point. Even if you are asking how much I would charge, I could not figure even a close estimate without measurements. And even then, your area is different than mine. Your workers may make 50% of what my workers make. Your market may have 200 landscapers and mine may have 2500 foaming at the mouth. Like supply and demand.

I know this isn't what you want to hear... But the answer is, you need to figure this out. I wish I would have listened to this advice 8 years ago when I started.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ksland is right, estimate it based on your numbers. Just going by mistakes I've made in the past, definitely add some extra time in the bid for unforeseen stuff. From the looks of some of the beds and under the shrubs, you've got a LOT of debris to take out of there. I took on a new client years ago, did a quick estimate for a spring clean-up, not realizing the previous guy had just blown everything into the beds. A half day job (I thought) turned into an all day project. Lost my azz on that one...

BTW, are you paying for disposal? Those leaves have been sitting all winter and will be heavy.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, i plan on removing the leaves myself. I found a place near me that im going to check out tomorrow