Register free!

Old 04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLAWNCUTTERS
Hi Gang I'm Pricing A Job , 20 Yards Of Bricks , Install In Beds With 3 Guys & Wheel boughs .I'm going To Take It Easy ,Do It Over 2 Days, $2500 In Crushed Bricks And $1500 In Labor & Profit. What Do You Think
Way to go, man! Let the hired help do the hard stuff. Stand back with a clip board, and watch.
Crawdad
Old 04-02-2005, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice.it's not a bad job i just wanted to be in the ballpark ,it's for a large restaurant chain and they have it. i and a couple of guys will knock it out.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You get multiple degrees by studying your @#$ off in college. I had caps on because I use all caps when preparing someones taxes, because it is easier to read, and I just didn't take it off when I responded to your idiocy.

Why would I deny saying that? I wrote it. Are you saying that I tried to insult you by relaying information about an invention? How old are you 12?(that was and insult) The Wheel Barrel was invented by the Chinese around 100 a.d. (that is informative)

Again, I say "Why are you sitting around all day whacking off on your computer when you should be out mowing?" I spend 14 hours a day in front of a computer running my businesses, whats your excuse?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsylvain
You get multiple degrees by studying your @#$ off in college. I had caps on because I use all caps when preparing someones taxes, because it is easier to read, and I just didn't take it off when I responded to your idiocy.

Why would I deny saying that? I wrote it. Are you saying that I tried to insult you by relaying information about an invention? How old are you 12?(that was and insult) The Wheel Barrel was invented by the Chinese around 100 a.d. (that is informative)

Again, I say "Why are you sitting around all day whacking off on your computer when you should be out mowing?" I spend 14 hours a day in front of a computer running my businesses, whats your excuse?
If you had taken English while you were in college, you would have seen the joke in the "duel degree" thing, but I guess you don't know the difference between duel and dual.
Quote:

As Far As Inteligents Goes I'll Take My Duel Degrees, ......
Ha ha!

By the way, I'm sorry to hear that you have to work such long hours to make a living. Maybe you need to work smarter, not harder. Re-examine your pricing.
Off to work I go, I'm starting late today, so I suppose I'll have to quit early!
Mondays and Fridays, I can afford to work at a more ralaxed pace. It must suck to be you.
Crawdad

Quote:
The Wheel Barrel was invented by the Chinese around 100 a.d. (that is informative)
Ha Ha Ha ! Wheel barrel! Cut it out, you're cracking me up!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search and find out the average IQ of individuals in different fields you will find that my profession is at the very top of the page. Secondly, do a second search on spelling and inteligence and find that there is no corrilation between spelling and inteligence. Do a third seach for Wheel Barrel and see what you find. I'm sure you must know how to do a search, you can atleast copy and paste things that others say over and over

I work 14 hours days because tax season ends on April 15th I make roughly 60% of my total income betwen Feb and April 15 and most of March is slow, and 20% of that is earned this week alone. Since I am a responsible business person I also do not tell the rest of my customers "Oh sorry, I gotta do taxes for the next 3 months guess your SOL." So I prep taxes most of the day and fill in the slow parts of the day with general accounting and real estate transactions.

Looks like to me you should reexamine your pricing or marketing if you have time to wackoff everyday on the computer instead of mowing. Must be nice to be able to live off 3 days worth of work a week. I bet that trailer of yours looks real good with those christmas lights. Must be really nice not to have to worry about keeping the guest house clean, or paying the kid down the street to clean up the boat, or making your wifes Jag payment.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd know that this arguement was over last week, and you lost.
Maybe your workdays would be shorter if you got off lawnsite and did what you are getting paid to do.
Crawdad
Old 04-05-2005, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I actually spend very little time on lawnsite. What I do do is check my e-mail constantly as many of my clients e-mail me with questions, and I get Real estate leads through e-mail as well. Lawnsite forwards the msgs to e-mail so I respond to them. I'm not sure how my days could be shorter regardless. My office is open from 9-5 then I go service "special" clients at their offices until I'm done or can't see straight.

Actually no one has "lost" because there was nothing to gain from this discussion. You are just pissy because someone called you on your pompuse remark about the spelling of a word that changes from region to region. I assume you did a search for the term "Wheel Barrel" and discovered that you find just as many sites as when searching "Wheelbarrow" containing the same information about the tool.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I actually spend very little time on lawnsite. What I do do is check my e-mail constantly as many of my clients e-mail me with questions, and I get Real estate leads through e-mail as well. Lawnsite forwards the msgs to e-mail so I respond to them. I'm not sure how my days could be shorter regardless. My office is open from 9-5 then I go service "special" clients at their offices until I'm done or can't see straight.

Actually no one has "lost" because there was nothing to gain from this discussion. You are just pissy because someone called you on your pompuse remark about the spelling of a word that changes from region to region. I assume you did a search for the term "Wheel Barrel" and discovered that you find just as many sites as when searching "Wheelbarrow" containing the same information about the tool.
"Pompuse!"
Stop it! Your cracking me up!!
If a thousand people looked at a duck, and called it a donkey, would it stop quacking?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No, but if enough people called a Duck a Donkey it would be called a Donkey. How do you think things got their names in the first place? Or do you really think that god came down and put little name tags on them? Once a large number of people use a certain terminology it becomes "actual" terminology. Don't believe me? Get a new dictionary and look up the word "PHAT," I guess god came down last year and put a name tag on that as well. Again, using your logic, you are saying that anyone that does not speak English is ignorant because they use different words for different things. Also using your logic what you are calling a Wheelbarrow is not the correct word because it was invented around 100 ad by the Chinese who don't speak English and had a different name for it. So i guess 25% of the world poplulation is wrong. Actually come to think of it everyone is an idiot because we don't run around half naked and name things by a grunting noises.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me give you a bit of advice Mr. duel degree..............

If you want to try to impress upon people that you are actually intelligent, try using spell check..........you'll look like you're a little closer to your fantasy of multiple businesses and high I.Q.

All this coming from a guy like me with a measley I.Q. of only 141.