Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What is up with you two? Crawdad, that wasn't necessary. BUT... lsylvain, you are making Crawdad look good! I know it is tax season, but get some sleep. Or have some more coffee.

Behavioral Management is easy, especially from a LCO point of view:
"Shut up and do it my way! NOW!"
Old 04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, if you apply a "blanket" theory to anything it is not always corect, but that is why the second part of the question revolved around how it applied to the green industry. The theory is still corect, there is one best way to perform a task. Walking in a straight line is faster than zigzagging around. I've never worked at Dell, but I assume you are saying that Dell tells it employee's to put computers together step by step with explicite instructions to do so. Dell revolutionized the computer industry with their production methods, lowered the cost of cumputers dramitically, and I believe is the largest producer of computers as well as the fastest growning computer company. Maybe it is faster for you to do something one way and faster for me to do it another, but if you are getting in my way and slowing me down then the individual best ways are not the best way when combined. If we are both right handed and shoveling dirt individualally we would both stand in the same position and get more work done, but if we are working together we both cannot stand in the same place, so one of us has to shovel lefty to achive the highest level of efficience with the two of us working. An other example of this would be on a grass job, maybe you have an employee that can trim 100 miles an hour by running backwards, which is all fine and dandy util he and your ztr guy who mows faster in reverse run into each other every 2 minutes. If you ever get any big jobs you will see just how important this stuff is, when you are watching a crew of 5 guys costing you $12 an hour walking 1/2 mile back to the truck every hour to gas up their trimmers. That costs you over $150.00 in labor in an 8 hour day plus lost revenues on 2.5 hours of work somewhere else.

I brought up IQ only after he insulted everyone's inteligence. And again, this isn't the first time crawdad had steped in with his mouth. Also I'm allowed to pull the incest card because I'm from WV, and that comment was not directed at anyone, just a blanket comment that I found humorus.

If you go back and re read my post you will see that I said that the Chinese came up with the general theory behind the tool and then it was improved apon durring the middle ages. I also stated that I HEARD that the name wheel barrel was because it was a barrel with wheels.

Funny, people mock my spelling yet they themselves have trouble with reading comprehension.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Blah, blah, blah....
Oh, you're from West Virginia? That explains the spelling problem.
I admit I was a smart-ass, but I find it to be better than the alternative, the dumb-ass.
As far as the "not directed at anyone" line that's bullshirt and you know it. It was a weak attempt at an insult.
I never said you were stupid, you did that yourself.
Crawdad
Old 04-07-2005, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Funny still no real input, just bla bla bla and bla bla bla, and more spelling cracks. Guess you don't know how to use a search engine.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know how to use a search engine, but why bother?
This thread has got me thinking, My posts are going to be more constructive, no more argueing with trolls.
PS, it's spelled "blah," not bla.
Crawdad
Old 04-07-2005, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
PS, it's spelled "blah," not bla.

LOL!

(sorry, that is funny)
Old 04-07-2005, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I knew you were going to come back with the spelling crap again when I typed that. "Blah" is a noun for meaninless information. So when you say blah blah blah you are saying meaningless meaningless meaningless. I was using bla bla bla because I was refering to the noise that I hear in my head when I read your post. I mostly hear that, and "Look at me mommy I got an "A" on my spelling test, I can't add, subtract, or multiply and all the other kids beat me up because I brag about how great I because I use all my brain power to remember how words are spelled, but that's ok because I'm gonna grow up and become a guy who brags about how I am really great at a usless task."

I'm glad you are learning that this site is about helping other people learn the tricks of the trade and not about treating people like they are stupid because they either 1. could give a crap how to spell a word. 2. don't know how to spell a word. or 3. spell it different because of regional lingo. I'm sure I could go back through all of your post and blast you for miss spellings, improper grammer use, and just plain ignorant questions, but I don't because I'm above that. What I do do, is get really sick of little punks who think they know everything and treat others like crap, and then when the tables are turned on them cry about how the other guy is mean for sticking up for himself and others.

Anther thing that bugs the crap out of me is the dam post people put up. Put a post up about a customer who was a day late on his bill it ends up 200 pages long, put a post up about somthing relevent and the only way you can get someone to answer is by continuing to post to is so it goes to the front of the list past the 100 "mean lowballer took my passy" posts.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I corrected your spelling, you take it as an insult.
The ability to communicate via the written word is what separates us from the apes, it's hardly a "useless task."
I am only going to post positive things from now on, such as how much the average IQ went up in West Virginia when you moved out.
Crawdad
Old 04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Funny,

Whether I write.
or
your a dumbass
or
you'r a dumass
or
you are a dum ass
or
you're a dumbass
or
you are stupid
or
you are a dumazz
or
Your elivater doesn't go to the top floor.
or
1000 other ways to say the same thing

I communicated to the rest of the world that, I feel that your intelligence is lacking, and you compensate for your lack of intellectual capacity by either memorizing grammar rules, or by running spell/grammar check on every word you type. When you correct someone's spelling you prove that when you feel threatened you you pull out your trusty dictionary to show that you have enough spare time in your day to waste hours looking up words in it.

The written word is not a useless task. Wasting hours trying to figure out if a word is spelled this way or that way is a useless task, because whether you say "wheelbarrow" I say "Wheel Barrel" or someone else say's "Wheelbargh" everyone knows that we are speaking about a wheel with two handles and a tub that is used to move materials around.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsylvain
Funny,

Whether I write.
or
your a dumbass
or
you'r a dumass
or
you are a dum ass
or
you're a dumbass
or
you are stupid
or
you are a dumazz
or
Your elivater doesn't go to the top floor.
or
1000 other ways to say the same thing

I communicated to the rest of the world that, I feel that your intelligence is lacking, and you compensate for your lack of intellectual capacity by either memorizing grammar rules, or by running spell/grammar check on every word you type. When you correct someone's spelling you prove that when you feel threatened you you pull out your trusty dictionary to show that you have enough spare time in your day to waste hours looking up words in it.
True, but, it makes you look like a dumb ass when you write like that.