Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2005, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Lets do somthing about gas prices

Hi ladies and gents

Its time to start doing something about gas prices. Gas prices in my opinion are getting out of hand and us Americans are just taking it and I think its time to take a stand and show the gas companies that we are not going to take it any longer. I don't know about you guys but I sick of paying 2.34 a gallon. Ok this is what I propose let fill up the on vehicles on Thursday April 14th. Then on weekend of April 16th and 17th stay home with the family or use the weekend to get stuff done around the house that you have been putting of I sure we all have a honey do list. If you get bored take a walk with the family to a park or something, or just find something to do that does not en-vole gas. But if you think about it when was the last time you just stayed at home for a weekend and just spent time with the family maybe have a big Sunday diner. But anyway in doing this we will be forcing the gas companies to pretty much shut down the refineries because there will not be any gas be shipped to the stations there for there holding tanks will get to full causing them to shut down. I was taking to acouple of people and they said that if no one bought gas for one day the stations would not gas there for no gas would needed to be shipped causing the holding tanks to become over full witch would then lead to shutting down the refineres. I truly believe that this will bring down the price of gas and show the refiners that we no long take the high gas prices. Its time to do more then just talk about it its time to do something about it Remember April 16 and 17th stay home Who on bored if you are e-mail tell family and friends lets get this going thanks long winded but I think we can do something about this

Every Mule thinks it's load is the heaveist
Old 04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think your idea is an excellent one.

However, I don't think it would be possible for many of us.
Gas companies have us by the balls, they know we have to buy fuel, and they are right. We can't stop buying fuel because we need it for work, and many of us can't stay home, because there is work to be done.

Although you have the right idea, i don't see it working.

# 8
Old 04-02-2005, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnandplow42
I think your idea is an excellent one.

However, I don't think it would be possible for many of us.
Gas companies have us by the balls, they know we have to buy fuel, and they are right. We can't stop buying fuel because we need it for work, and many of us can't stay home, because there is work to be done.

Although you have the right idea, i don't see it working.

I do agree with you on this I though about it before i made the post, however what about all the people we know that can stay home for the weekend and don't have to work maybe this will tell the gas companies that if the prices stay high us Americans will stay home more or cheaper ways of transportation and no disrespect but the gas companys have of us buy the balls idiea i what will not make this thing work

Every Mule thinks it's load is the heaveist
Old 04-02-2005, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i guess so,

i'll give it try

# 8
Old 04-02-2005, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

2 Problems there.
1 the refineries are maxed out according to reports so they would get a few days to catch up.
2. There would be plenty of room in the tanks at stations if everyone mobbed the stations and filled up everything on thursday.
Just face it, I dont like gas over 2 bux a gallon but we are still cheaper then some countries and if we expect to do world trade then we are going to have to pay world prices

Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

when you read about a company in trouble doesnt it usually say they lost money the 3rd quarter, not they did bad one weekend? How would it effect us if no one wanted their grass cut may 7 and 8th? We would be busy on the 9th.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

supply and demand , just buy the cheapest gas you can find.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/
Old 04-02-2005, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only way to force oil companies to drop prices is to reduce demand, period. Doing it for a day or weekend won't help, it has to be a sustained effort. Remember the 55 mph speed limit and the crappy little cars that started to come out in the 70s? They sucked, but they worked. Now, we all need trucks to do our work, but Mama does not need a big block Suburban to haul a kid or two to school and pick up groceries. It's nice to have big cars and trucks with lots of power, but we have to pay at the pump.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey2002
The only way to force oil companies to drop prices is to reduce demand, period. Doing it for a day or weekend won't help, it has to be a sustained effort. Remember the 55 mph speed limit and the crappy little cars that started to come out in the 70s? They sucked, but they worked. Now, we all need trucks to do our work, but Mama does not need a big block Suburban to haul a kid or two to school and pick up groceries. It's nice to have big cars and trucks with lots of power, but we have to pay at the pump.
he is right that is why we r in the shape we r in i remember all the little cars in the late 70 and early 80 years they were tiny but great on fuel
i watch the moms drop all the kids off at school and 9 out of 10 drive a big suv hell some r even diesel why and the hell do they need that crap what happened to the family truckster like chevy chase drove the station wagon that would seat 7 with seatbelts and 15 kids on a Friday night
i am all for free choice in what u do but we r all gonna have to give up something either r cash for fuel or the big suv for an old pacer lol
Old 04-02-2005, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I totally agree it makes me sick to see all these people driving huge vehicles for no reason. They affect us all. We would do well to stay closer to home and spend our money building our local economies.