Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2005, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

PMLAWN from what i here from the shipper is that the price fuel keeps going up but the fuel charge stays the same..

Ok from what i see from the replies i may be wrong i though it was a good idea well do i at least get an A for effort well lets just try to stay home and spend time with the family may be do something special with the kids if you have them maybe even go to church if you havan't in a long time thanks for showing me all the other points of view good luck in the coming season and gods peace

Every Mule thinks it's load is the heaveist
Old 04-02-2005, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BUGSPIT said "have been sucking on some liberal tit."

WOW, I'm surprised that didn't get edited by the MODERATORS! The way they've been cracking down on the 2005 CALENDAR PHOTOS, I thought they'd be moving over to all the other forums. By the way, don't bother going to the Calendar Forum anymore, the only thing they can post now are girls that look like they were living in Afghanistan under the Taliban rule.

Mike
6x10 Lone Wolf dump trlr w/lndscp gate
82" Lastec 3682
60" Exmark Lazer
48" & 44" Exmark LazerHPs
44" Toro Z-147
36" Exmark MetroHP WB
34" Encore Z-34
Gator-Rator
JRCO Elec Brdcst Sprdr
Brandlein FIREBALL Grinder
2005 & 2007 Cyclone Rakes
2005 BOSS 8' plow
2011 SnowEx spreader
2006 Billy Goat 18hp Leaf Loader
Licensed Pesticide Applicator
Purdue U. Trained
Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassBustersLawn
BUGSPIT said "have been sucking on some liberal tit."

WOW, I'm surprised that didn't get edited by the MODERATORS! The way they've been cracking down on the 2005 CALENDAR PHOTOS, I thought they'd be moving over to all the other forums. By the way, don't bother going to the Calendar Forum anymore, the only thing they can post now are girls that look like they were living in Afghanistan under the Taliban rule.

Mike
go TROLL somewhere else
Old 04-03-2005, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz1
Hi ladies and gents

Its time to start doing something about gas prices. Gas prices in my opinion are getting out of hand and us Americans are just taking it and I think its time to take a stand and show the gas companies that we are not going to take it any longer. I don't know about you guys but I sick of paying 2.34 a gallon. Ok this is what I propose let fill up the on vehicles on Thursday April 14th.............
OK, we all fill up on the same day, supply goes down, and price goes up. This sounds like one of those foolish email things...I'm not even gonna read this whole thread...
Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Better to be an addict to LS! LOL!

…Than to those oil companies. We cut down on GVW (gross vehicle weight) to get better gas mileage on automobiles by using more plastics, which are made by…you guess it! Oil derivatives… a classic catch 22 if there ever was one! LOL!

In Germany they’re paying $4.50 a gal. England I’m told $5.00 a gal…it appears we may have a way to go.
The only thing that keeps us lower is that we have more buying power and thus command a better price.

Every time they go up, we use less, and they make less profits…but! (Darn those buts! LOL!) Eventually we’ll lose out, until it is more worthwhile to buy or sell more hybrid engines.
Moreover, those if I may add, have been around since the invention of the modern diesel locomotive, which uses the diesel engine to run an electric generator that in turn powers the wheels.

Oh yeah…and most of those are made by no less then… GM! Go figure!

Bottom line? We’re oil addicts…until we find a cheaper fix! LOL!

It’s all good! Enjoy! Peace!

Regards,

EC-Rider :
Old 04-03-2005, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

PS…oh yes! LOL!

I have a vision!

A small indestructible Redmax two cycle engine that runs an electric generator on a ZTR mower! :blob3:

It would save gas! LOL!

Can we?

It’s all good! Enjoy! Peace!

Regards,

EC-Rider :
Old 04-03-2005, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

From what I have heard from a friend who has friends in the right places, the cost to drill an oil well and pump the oil into a barrel at this time is around $7-$8 per barrel. Why then is it costing $55 per barrel by the time it gets to the refineries?

Maybe the best way we could get the price of oil to come down would be to give our local representatives a call and let them know that we will be voting come next election! Maybe if they realize they will have to get a real job if they don't act, the price of gas will go down!!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz1
Hi ladies and gents

Its time to start doing something about gas prices. Gas prices in my opinion are getting out of hand and us Americans are just taking it and I think its time to take a stand and show the gas companies that we are not going to take it any longer. I don't know about you guys but I sick of paying 2.34 a gallon. Ok this is what I propose let fill up the on vehicles on Thursday April 14th. Then on weekend of April 16th and 17th stay home with the family or use the weekend to get stuff done around the house that you have been putting of I sure we all have a honey do list. If you get bored take a walk with the family to a park or something, or just find something to do that does not en-vole gas. But if you think about it when was the last time you just stayed at home for a weekend and just spent time with the family maybe have a big Sunday diner. But anyway in doing this we will be forcing the gas companies to pretty much shut down the refineries because there will not be any gas be shipped to the stations there for there holding tanks will get to full causing them to shut down. I was taking to acouple of people and they said that if no one bought gas for one day the stations would not gas there for no gas would needed to be shipped causing the holding tanks to become over full witch would then lead to shutting down the refineres. I truly believe that this will bring down the price of gas and show the refiners that we no long take the high gas prices. Its time to do more then just talk about it its time to do something about it Remember April 16 and 17th stay home Who on bored if you are e-mail tell family and friends lets get this going thanks long winded but I think we can do something about this
It's a kind of silly idea. I don't think that not buying gas for one day would make a big difference, nor would staying home on the weekend. It would be impossible to get everybody to abstain from buying gas on one day. Secondly, that would just mean more people buying gas the day before, or the day after or in the next day or two following the protest. Thirdly 90% of Americans don't buy gasoline every single day. I would guess that at least 50% of americans only buy gas once or twice per week. If these same Americans didn't buy gas on tuesday, but instead waited until wednesday, what difference would it make? None.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think another piece of the problem is that the price is not only based on supply and demand, it is also based on pure speculation. Meaning if the people setting the prices think that the price of crude oil is going to go up they raise the prices, if the price doesn't go up they lower the prices back down (maybe), but they don't lower the price back to where it was before the panic. I think the same thing happens with the price of crude, if they predict (right or wrong) a possible shortage or increased demand, they raise the price of crude. And you know what? We're powerless to stop it. They know this. That is why they can control the price in anyway that means their bottom line never goes down. Their bottom line goes up, no matter what happens. They can increase profit due to a shortage, a surplus, a war in Suadi Arabia, I bet they can even profit from an oil spill.

I agree that the oil from Alaska could help us, but I bet that it will only line the wallets of those who are rich enough to profit from it unless the government were to take control of the oil there.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

What kills me is when I see 2 different gas stations....side by side or across from each other. One will have gas at say 2.10 and the other for 2.34. You would think everyone would be at the gas station that has it for 2.10 and the other gas station that has it for 2.34 would be empty. Well it's not the case....ever. They both are still busy as hell. I think this is one thing that needs to change. If everyone would get gas at the 2.10 station and leave the 2.34 station empty I think gas prices would come down to the lowest offering in that area. What do you guys think?