Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2005, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Question i need software

i am thinking about purchasing software i need it to have a deck tool with it and to also be able to make curves not many little angles anybody can you help me.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

i should also let you know that i am a tightwad and dont want to spend thousands for this im thinkin more like 100
Old 04-04-2005, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

lol...A hundred buxxx wont go very far in this area...

I would suggest Punch Pro Landscape, it sounds like it will do everything you need it to do.

Other than that, I think you pretty much have to step into some more expensive programs.

-Reuben
Old 04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Member

punch sucks you cant create smooth curve and if you do they dont show up on their walkthrough they put railings on everything.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

save that $100 and put 7 more with it to buy dynascape. it blows everything away.

If you're serious about design, it is a professional tool.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does Dynascape do walls and patios too ?

Creative Hardscapes
Old 04-09-2005, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bit the bullet yesterday and purchased Pro Landscape from Drafix, $1200.00. Since it was so expensive I had it overnighted with Saturday delivery, $45.00 extra, but what the heck I needed for a bid I was doing this weekend. I had been using Punch Master Landscape Pro ($79.00), needless to say it is in the trash now. It took me 10 minutes to edit the picture I needed to in Pro, it would have taken me 10 hours in Punch. Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me. When you have a good product like they do it sells itself. I will post an update when I use it more, but after fooling around for a fews hours today I don't think I will be returning it. Just my 2 cents.

Dan
Old 04-09-2005, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Financing from Drafix hey...That makes it worth a second look for this season. I got the demo package and was pretty impressed. I have used DynaScape but its a little more than i need at this point in the game.

How about exporting your finished designs to standard image formats?

-Reuben
Old 04-09-2005, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

"Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me"

I didn't know they offered financing.What are the payment details to finance it?

Drafto,I had Punch too and I hated it.Is Pro Landscape that much easier to learn? Details please.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

((((((((Financing from Drafix hey...That makes it worth a second look for this season. I got the demo package and was pretty impressed. I have used DynaScape but its a little more than i need at this point in the game.

How about exporting your finished designs to standard image formats?

-Reuben

"Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me"

I didn't know they offered financing.What are the payment details to finance it?

Drafto,I had Punch too and I hated it.Is Pro Landscape that much easier to learn? Details please.))))))))))

Reuben - Yes you can output images to standard formats, I just was playing and found this out.

I did not finance the product so I do not know all of the details, but it is 3rd party financing and I believe the term choices were for one or two years. The product was normally $1295, but they offer a sale price of $1195. SO far I am impressed. I attached the jpeg I just created, no lie, no exaggerations, 10 minutes to do this. Please no one make fun of the design, I do mostly hardscaping but I have some customers that ask me to do stuff like this. Whatever you are all good guys, I will put my flame suit on. Punch sucks.

Dan
Attached Images