Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Simply put, your an idiot, and have no clue what your talking about. Yes, job cuts are a concern. People have always lost jobs to foreign markets, and somehow recover. Same thing here, if people want to live the "american dream" they are just goin to have to become more innovative to make their money.

People blame gas prices for part of the "declining" economy. There is so much oil under Alaska we wont have to depent on those OPEC clowns. The U.S. is still far beyond any other country. We decided to use their oil instead of ours, and when they are out, start to use our own. When the entire world is depending on oil from OPEC, and we have our own oil, and our economy is going to boom way beyond any other economy.

There is no recession right around the corner. The US GDP for the third quarter of 04 increased 4 percent, and rose 3.8% in the 4th. Those are not signs of a recession. (By the way, GDP is Gross Domestic Product, or, a measuring stick of how the economy is doing).

New comers are what you have to worry about, not a declining economy.

I knew my choice of ECON as a major would pay of eventually, who knew it would be an internet lawnsite.

Trevor
You're SO SMART!!! Thanks for setting us all straight. I can go paste a smile on my face now.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remsen1
Um sure. Maybe.
Many many times, people say that they would do anything for their family; for their children. It is a cliche to say that you would die for your loved ones. If someone had a gun pointed at your child, wife, mother, father, what would you do? Would you risk your life to save them? People do it all the time.

If you could not feed your family because there were no jobs and someone offered to take care of them financially if you blew yourself up, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years and your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven and this person wanted you to blow yourself up around the people who were hoarding all of the jobs and money, what would you do?

Not to mention all of the people that we are learning about who are not even intentionally becoming suicide bombers. Many of them think that they are being paid to do something else and when they drive their vehicle to the right place, it is blown up by terrorists behind them in another vehicle.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs came up in another thread and here it is again. It is amazing what people will do in order to satisfy the most basic needs of themselves and their families.

http://web.utk.edu/~gwynne/maslow.HTM
Old 04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Simply put, your an idiot, and have no clue what your talking about. Yes, job cuts are a concern. People have always lost jobs to foreign markets, and somehow recover. Same thing here, if people want to live the "american dream" they are just goin to have to become more innovative to make their money.

People blame gas prices for part of the "declining" economy. There is so much oil under Alaska we wont have to depent on those OPEC clowns. The U.S. is still far beyond any other country. We decided to use their oil instead of ours, and when they are out, start to use our own. When the entire world is depending on oil from OPEC, and we have our own oil, and our economy is going to boom way beyond any other economy.

There is no recession right around the corner. The US GDP for the third quarter of 04 increased 4 percent, and rose 3.8% in the 4th. Those are not signs of a recession. (By the way, GDP is Gross Domestic Product, or, a measuring stick of how the economy is doing).

I knew my choice of ECON as a major would pay of eventually, who knew it would be an internet lawnsite.

Trevor

I have been reading this site for a long time and Dennis is no idiot. If I needed a piece of equipment diagnosed, I can't think of anyone better.

He is entitled to his opinion, whether based on a degree or not. Yes the economy is rolling along, but there are serious imbalances in payments (check your exchange rate recently?) that are starting to drag on that same growth.

I also have an economics degree, and work in accounting all week. I am enough of an economist to know when to say that I don't know where things are headed. Anyone who says they know is kidding themselves..
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn
i love it when people talk about the booming economy. You have a degree and you are mowing lawns dude. hmmm....

Never said I had a degree in ECON, I am in school now for it. I dont mow lawns, I run a Landscaping company. There is a difference, which one do you do?

Trevor
Old 04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSymons
I have been reading this site for a long time and Dennis is no idiot. If I needed a piece of equipment diagnosed, I can't think of anyone better.

He is entitled to his opinion, whether based on a degree or not. Yes the economy is rolling along, but there are serious imbalances in payments (check your exchange rate recently?) that are starting to drag on that same growth.

I also have an economics degree, and work in accounting all week. I am enough of an economist to know when to say that I don't know where things are headed. Anyone who says they know is kidding themselves..

Anyone who says they know is kidding themselves.

Correct, my thread was just a vision of where we are going, there are to many variable to know, but with strategic planning, those visions and goals become reality.

Trevor
Old 04-08-2005, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagefault
Many many times, people say that they would do anything for their family; for their children. It is a cliche to say that you would die for your loved ones. If someone had a gun pointed at your child, wife, mother, father, what would you do? Would you risk your life to save them? People do it all the time.

If you could not feed your family because there were no jobs and someone offered to take care of them financially if you blew yourself up, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years and your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven and this person wanted you to blow yourself up around the people who were hoarding all of the jobs and money, what would you do?

Not to mention all of the people that we are learning about who are not even intentionally becoming suicide bombers. Many of them think that they are being paid to do something else and when they drive their vehicle to the right place, it is blown up by terrorists behind them in another vehicle.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs came up in another thread and here it is again. It is amazing what people will do in order to satisfy the most basic needs of themselves and their families.

http://web.utk.edu/~gwynne/maslow.HTM
my opinion is still the same.... Um... Sure

Do you think they would stop blowing themselves up if we sent them more jobs? More money? It is a fact that we already have been sending more jobs and more money to them and guess what they are doing? They are try to kill us more they ever have before.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok

You're entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Most of them ain't blowing themselves up for free. So yes, I believe that if they had work, there would be far fewer of them.

Just my opinion.

:blob4:
Old 04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Trevor
There is only a small percentage of oil in Alaska per US needs, the likes of which we could leave there, and just get more efficient, instead of being complacent like Americans notoriously are.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Never said I had a degree in ECON, I am in school now for it. I dont mow lawns, I run a Landscaping company. There is a difference, which one do you do?

Trevor

I mow lawns. glad to hear you don't have a degree yet, it's not too late to switch to something useful.

Low overhead doesn't make me a scrub!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bummer, Today I had a job schedule to blow myself up for $125.00 and wouldn't you know it but some lowballer came and did it for $100.00

Lighten up guys. If we all just do our part to hold up the economy, that will help a lot.
I'm lucky as I am an old fart that will be close to death before our economy fails too much but you kids had better look at ways to support it and work at holding it together. For every dollar you spend, think of where that money is going and if it will help or hurt.