Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2005, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Simply put, your an idiot, and have no clue what your talking about. Yes, job cuts are a concern. People have always lost jobs to foreign markets, and somehow recover. Same thing here, if people want to live the "american dream" they are just goin to have to become more innovative to make their money.

People blame gas prices for part of the "declining" economy. There is so much oil under Alaska we wont have to depent on those OPEC clowns. The U.S. is still far beyond any other country. We decided to use their oil instead of ours, and when they are out, start to use our own. When the entire world is depending on oil from OPEC, and we have our own oil, and our economy is going to boom way beyond any other economy.

There is no recession right around the corner. The US GDP for the third quarter of 04 increased 4 percent, and rose 3.8% in the 4th. Those are not signs of a recession. (By the way, GDP is Gross Domestic Product, or, a measuring stick of how the economy is doing).

New comers are what you have to worry about, not a declining economy.

I knew my choice of ECON as a major would pay of eventually, who knew it would be an internet lawnsite.

Trevor
You're the idiot. You're nothing more than a two bit, 18 year old, know nothing punk. Go back to school and learn decent spelling and grammar before you start lecturing about economics. You're still wet from birth...and don't know sh/t about economics.

Come back when you grow up sh/t head.

Last edited by DennisF; 04-08-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dennis for saying exactly what i wanted to say , i was sitting here smoking reading everythink that smart A@# punk Trevor said and was thinking what i wanted to write and now i dont have to because you said it all , this dang admintration that we have in now is killing us
2- 48 INCH SCAG ULTIMATE WB
4 ECHO TRIMMERS ECHO STICK EDGER ECHO EXTENDED REACH HEDGERS ECHO BP BLOWERS 2 ECHO HEDGERS 2- Toro Personal Pace 22 in 2001 CHEVY CREW 3500 4X4 96 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY 7 X14 OPEN TRAILER ALL THE RACKS ONE WOULD EVER NEED
TURFMASTER,INC
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Old 04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trevor:
You are an idiot. The government really has you fooled. A college kid who knows everything.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTURF
Thanks Dennis for saying exactly what i wanted to say , i was sitting here smoking reading everythink that smart A@# punk Trevor said and was thinking what i wanted to write and now i dont have to because you said it all , this dang admintration that we have in now is killing us

The administration is killing us?
I doubt it.
If you all want to run around thinking the sky is falling go right ahead.
In the mean time we will continue to grow by giving customers what they want, Quality lawn care at a reasonable price.
$130/ acre is hardly reasonable, that's why a lot of you are losing business, people are NOT going to pay the lawn guy $100-$130/ hr. for cutting their grass.

How many people on this site would pay that kind of rate for ANYTHING in the service industry................

It will be a VERY short list I'm sure..................
Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisF
You're the idiot. You're nothing more than a two bit, 18 year old, know nothing punk. Go back to school and learn decent spelling and grammar before you start lecturing about economics. You're still wet from birth...and don't know sh/t about economics.

Come back when you grow up sh/t head.
Yup your right....Its lawn boys like you that give us all a bad rep. The ones who didnt/couldnt go to college, so they resort to mowing lawns, not running a business. YOur nothing but another old guy who gets all pissy when someone says something he doesnt like to hear, then uses the age thing as his only weapon.

Props to you DennisF, you are the smart one, and yes, because your older, know everything. Come back when you get any education.

Trevor
Old 04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmcmrhp52
The administration is killing us?
I doubt it.
If you all want to run around thinking the sky is falling go right ahead.
In the mean time we will continue to grow by giving customers what they want, Quality lawn care at a reasonable price.
$130/ acre is hardly reasonable, that's why a lot of you are losing business, people are NOT going to pay the lawn guy $100-$130/ hr. for cutting their grass.

How many people on this site would pay that kind of rate for ANYTHING in the service industry................

It will be a VERY short list I'm sure..................

Thank you,
Its the uneducated people who see something in the media and dont have what it takes to be a leader, so they point fingers, just like the media. They wouldnt know democrat over republican, just the fact that Bush is rep. so that means they are opposite of him, because the media says how terrible he is. These people have been followers their entire lives, and will continue to be followers until they die.

It is these people that make the threads "what is a scrub", or "lost another acct. to a lowballer", or "gas is killing me", or "Getting out of the business" Instead of getting over it and being innovative in their ways, they go to a internet site to whine and ***** to all of the people that are just like them.

DennisF, you are nothing, and not worth another typed word.

trevor
Old 04-08-2005, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osc
Trevor:
You are an idiot. The government really has you fooled. A college kid who knows everything.

Ya know what, I hate the GOVT. just as much as you do. And that i can guarantee. Just because i am more knowledgable about what is happening does not mean that the man has me fooled.

Trevor
Old 04-08-2005, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Yup your right....Its lawn boys like you that give us all a bad rep. The ones who didnt/couldnt go to college, so they resort to mowing lawns, not running a business. YOur nothing but another old guy who gets all pissy when someone says something he doesnt like to hear, then uses the age thing as his only weapon.

Props to you DennisF, you are the smart one, and yes, because your older, know everything. Come back when you get any education.

Trevor
I have Bachelors in Computer Science from the University of Michigan (1993). But I got most of my education from the school of hard knocks and 32 years of building cars and trucks for General Motors. I cut grass part time in Michigan for 28 years before retiring and moving to the Sunshine State. Now I get to cut grass all the time.

Someday when you grow up and become a man, you'll understand something about economics and hard work. Hell... you might even get lucky and have the opportunity to get laid off or fired from a job and have to worry about how you'll feed your family. That's when economics begins sink in and you start thinking with a clear head. But at 18 years old and with a know it all attitude it's going to take a big chunk of your adult life just to find out how little you know.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If You need a plumber or Ac/ heating contractor and you arent smart enough to do that work yourself , you sure would pay that rate with no questions asked because you have to have heat or freeze to death , what ya mean this adminstration isnt killing us tell me a few good things they have done to help us middle class people when it comes to republicans they arent for the middle class working people
2- 48 INCH SCAG ULTIMATE WB
4 ECHO TRIMMERS ECHO STICK EDGER ECHO EXTENDED REACH HEDGERS ECHO BP BLOWERS 2 ECHO HEDGERS 2- Toro Personal Pace 22 in 2001 CHEVY CREW 3500 4X4 96 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY 7 X14 OPEN TRAILER ALL THE RACKS ONE WOULD EVER NEED
TURFMASTER,INC
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Old 04-08-2005, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTURF
If You need a plumber or Ac/ heating contractor and you arent smart enough to do that work yourself , you sure would pay that rate with no questions asked because you have to have heat or freeze to death , what ya mean this adminstration isnt killing us tell me a few good things they have done to help us middle class people when it comes to republicans they arent for the middle class working people

You got a tax cut didn't you?
I did. So did millions of others........

The montra of how the Republicans are not for the middle class working folk is just plain tired and old. It no longer holds any water.

And by the way, I would NOT pay a plumber $130/ hr.