Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-08-2005, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you needed him bad enough you would !!!! If you dont do your own plumbing , you very well may be paying him that if he dont break down his bid !!I bet when you bid something you dont break it down to the very fine points everytime and if you say you do you are lying.So i guess i got a tax cut ya just more they can take another way . what ever you say cant change my mind the good old USA was way better in the mid 90 s than it is today. Someone once told me if they arent a crook when they get in office there one when they leave .
2- 48 INCH SCAG ULTIMATE WB
4 ECHO TRIMMERS ECHO STICK EDGER ECHO EXTENDED REACH HEDGERS ECHO BP BLOWERS 2 ECHO HEDGERS 2- Toro Personal Pace 22 in 2001 CHEVY CREW 3500 4X4 96 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY 7 X14 OPEN TRAILER ALL THE RACKS ONE WOULD EVER NEED
TURFMASTER,INC
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Old 04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Licensed Plumbers and Electricians charge $75 for the first 30 minutes (service call). After that the price drops to $95 per hour or any fraction of an hour plus parts and supplies. If He/She is there for one hour changing a supply line ($5 part) it will set you back $170 for the Plumber.... plus parts.

It pays to learn a little about Plumbing.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn
i love it when people talk about the booming economy. You have a degree and you are mowing lawns dude. hmmm....
Hell, I have a degree and I mow lawns. According to another thread on this site, so do many others. So, were your SAT scores too low to be accepted? Maybe you are just an underacheiver.
Greensboro NC
Old 04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagefault
Many many times, people say that they would do anything for their family; for their children. It is a cliche to say that you would die for your loved ones. If someone had a gun pointed at your child, wife, mother, father, what would you do? Would you risk your life to save them? People do it all the time.

If you could not feed your family because there were no jobs and someone offered to take care of them financially if you blew yourself up, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years and your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven and this person wanted you to blow yourself up around the people who were hoarding all of the jobs and money, what would you do?

Not to mention all of the people that we are learning about who are not even intentionally becoming suicide bombers. Many of them think that they are being paid to do something else and when they drive their vehicle to the right place, it is blown up by terrorists behind them in another vehicle.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs came up in another thread and here it is again. It is amazing what people will do in order to satisfy the most basic needs of themselves and their families.

http://web.utk.edu/~gwynne/maslow.HTM
hey thanks for an interesting read. i liked the idea that freud studied the mentally ill an was influenced unduly by them.
in business we see people act in strange ways and need to understand their motivations to understand their actions
Old 04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass-scapes
Hell, I have a degree and I mow lawns. According to another thread on this site, so do many others. So, were your SAT scores too low to be accepted? Maybe you are just an underacheiver.

Hey, wasn't trashing education. just the VALUE of education relative to our so called improving economy. There are more jobs now than there were a year ago. I see everyone is hiring around here....wendys, am/pm, burger king, Microsoft has positions for janitors again, Boeing is hiring maintenance guys again, things are definitely getting better! Thank God for Economists.

Low overhead doesn't make me a scrub!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

education

i spent 35000 on an education,,,,,,,, the computer graphics field is now overrun by community college kids working for 8 dollars and hour.....

when i started college in 1990 this career paid 65000 a year, by 2004 it pays 20, great economy, lots of very educated people with skills have to find ways to make ends meet..... our presidents solution, go to community college so you can get a 8 dollar an hour job....
6 full time

Last edited by daveintoledo; 04-11-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Give it a couple of years, and the same work will be $4.00 an hour in India.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was a design engineer. Laid off, and no one wanted to pay more than 12 bucks an hour. I feel as though I wasted my money on my education. Oh well, things are only going to get worse. Im seeing it already with new "wannabe clients" my new client aquisition rate this year is 10 percent or less. Im bidding as low as I can. All of my costs are up...WAY up yet prices are down. Im hoping gas won't go as high as they say it will.
Greensboro NC
Old 04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe come down to NOVA, I have to beat customers away with a stick. But this is a hi-tech, booming area.

And really, a bachelor's degree from anywhere except maybe an Ivy League school doesn't guarantee anything. Everybody and their brother has a college degree...
Old 04-12-2005, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

I was surfing thru the new posts and read the 'idiot' insult, so I had to finish the entire thread. It's better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt. Just my opinion, but Trevor hasn't a trace of doubt left. Curious that he can quote the GDP, but doesn't relate the current GDP to the near record low interest rates, or massive consumer debt load. This country's economy is 70% or more fueled by a consumer who's got little to no savings, maxed out on HELOC and credit cards, and chained to their current job due to a failing job market. Housing costs are astronomical, and the mortgage brokers are dealing loans to anyone with a pulse willing to sell their soul. ARM's are going to ruin millions of homeowners who leveraged themselves into a home they could only afford at near zero rates.

Clearly Trevor has a negative attitude, but that shouldn't prevent him from researching current events to open his mind to reality, rather than depend on what he's learning in the widget world. I'll know I just wasted a few minutes of my life when I see a snot nosed comeback.