Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthDumpTrucks
This country's economy is 70% or more fueled by a consumer who's got little to no savings, maxed out on HELOC and credit cards, and chained to their current job due to a failing job market. Housing costs are astronomical, and the mortgage brokers are dealing loans to anyone with a pulse willing to sell their soul. ARM's are going to ruin millions of homeowners who leveraged themselves into a home they could only afford at near zero rates.

You see clearly oh wise one.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintoledo
i spent 35000 on an education,,,,,,,, the computer graphics field is now overrun by community college kids working for 8 dollars and hour.....

when i started college in 1990 this career paid 65000 a year, by 2004 it pays 20, great economy, lots of very educated people with skills have to find ways to make ends meet..... our presidents solution, go to community college so you can get a 8 dollar an hour job....
Hey all, we are in a state of globalization. The two card monty DEM/REP system secretly wants it that way. What else explains the last ten years of illegal immigration.This is why the corporation's are not staying. In the future, the only secure jobs will be in the following fields fields: Science, essential government positions and educated private services positions .Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers. and financial wizards are good examples of these. The computer field will always employ someone, but these jobs will become fewer and lower paid as time goes by.

Better get more efficient then the masses at cuttin the grasses
Old 04-12-2005, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=StealthDumpTrucks]I ARM's are going to ruin millions of homeowners who leveraged themselves into a home they could only afford at near zero rates.

I wonder how many people % wise are on ARM. If a lot, this could be one of the most serious issue the country is facing.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevors Lawn Care
Thank you,
Its the uneducated people who see something in the media and dont have what it takes to be a leader, so they point fingers, just like the media. They wouldnt know democrat over republican, just the fact that Bush is rep. so that means they are opposite of him, because the media says how terrible he is. These people have been followers their entire lives, and will continue to be followers until they die.

It is these people that make the threads "what is a scrub", or "lost another acct. to a lowballer", or "gas is killing me", or "Getting out of the business" Instead of getting over it and being innovative in their ways, they go to a internet site to whine and ***** to all of the people that are just like them.

DennisF, you are nothing, and not worth another typed word.

trevor

You have the worst attitude I have ever witnessed.

If you ever fall off your ego, you will break every bone in your body. Please learn a little humility, and remember, the OLD GUYS probably forgot more than you ever learned.

PS, please check out the personal debt and the increase in foreclosures before exalting a great economy. At least get to ECON 102 before ranting about your limited knowledge.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

As a old man with bad eyes, I appreciate you writing big enough for me to read it.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLAWN
As a old man with bad eyes, I appreciate you writing big enough for me to read it.
This suggest that I must have changed the font size, my appologies if it looks like I think it does from the sarcasm here. I have IE set to ignore fonts, so all the posts look the same to me.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisF
This business is going to get worse before it gets better. There are more and more people losing their jobs every day. High oil prices, government deficits and creative accounting by big business is beginning to kill the economy.
When every one feels like this, it is the best time to invest.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmudpuppy
This suggest that I must have changed the font size, my appologies if it looks like I think it does from the sarcasm here. I have IE set to ignore fonts, so all the posts look the same to me.
Yes I was talking about the font size,
Funny thing is that the post is gone on my screen, Did you pull it off?
Old 04-14-2005, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagefault
Many many times, people say that they would do anything for their family; for their children. It is a cliche to say that you would die for your loved ones. If someone had a gun pointed at your child, wife, mother, father, what would you do? Would you risk your life to save them? People do it all the time.

If you could not feed your family because there were no jobs and someone offered to take care of them financially if you blew yourself up, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years and your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven, what would you do?

If they had been going hungry for years, your religious belief was that this sort of suicide guaranteed you a spot in heaven and this person wanted you to blow yourself up around the people who were hoarding all of the jobs and money, what would you do?

http://web.utk.edu/~gwynne/maslow.HTM
Its true throughout history the poor usually rebel and fight.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Who is this Trevor character?? He knows absolutly nothing about Econ. and the current admin, It has nothing to do with Rep, or Dem, it is about George W.
He is 100% to blame. zzzzzzzzzzzzz a sign of a bad economy is TOO many people trying to enter a low inital cost business - lawn service. Lets face it, anyone can cut lawns- a truck, mower, trimmer and blower and their in business. When economy is on the up, you dont see this. But you are too young (not to say I am old) to know about global economics, at 18 or 19, even if you had Econ 101..woooooo BIG DEAL! When you graduate, come back and talk. And yes, degrees are way over-rated, i have one too. Useless in this type of world we now live in, unless you know someone, you are not guaranteed a job in your "degree field". You are a dime a dozen.
And as far as your qoute" i dont mow lawns" Why do you have only lawn mowing equip listed under your tag line? Keep up with schooling, as you have lots to learn.