Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2005, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My schedule is already shot

well looks like I get to reschedule at least 2-4 days worth of repairs due to a huge snowstorm. They are predicting 24-32 inches by where I live. 30-60 mph winds also. I hate having to rescheule when I don't have anywhere to put them. Might have to work a Sunday or two this month. I just don't undersand why we don't get our big storms December - February. April 10 blizzards suck. very wet and heavy.

Well maybe out water restrictions will be eased up later in the summer due to this.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks. I don't think that working on Sundays is that bad since it is seasonal.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I try not to work too many, but occasionally will thru April and May. A few Sundays don't hurt when I have 4 months of sitting on my butt.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, puts a big damper on things. Have a lot of yard clean ups to do, now I have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to start back up.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"Sunday" or the weekend is any day it rains from Late March til late October or early November. It seems it's been that way my whole life. I learned this buisness as a kid working on golf courses. I still think it's great when the "master" irrigator takes over and I get a day off (except for the fact that we've had precip. for almost every week straight for the last 15 months.....)I'm really ready to work and have working weather for 7 days in a row.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

37 inches in my driveway this morning Dana....I had a heck of a time getting my "heavy in the front, light in the back" White Beast out of the driveway. Cancelled my 2 bids and 1 repair for today...sheesh...I am never going to get to work..

Meanwhile, booked through April 19th in Arizona and need more help. Maybe I should move back there and "suck it up", endure 7 months of heat, traffic, crime....NAH!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow - 37 inches??
And I was complaining about 1/2 inch of rain wrecking the schedule last week. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 24 inches total, and still snowing. Tough to tell real total with all the blowing snow and high winds still. I hear ya Tony, I need to work too. My employee as well. We really need to come up with a new business not so dependent on the weather.

I cancelled my appointments for today and tomorrow as well. I called my first one for the day and told them I'd be late due to the snow slowing me down
Old 04-12-2005, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL....Funny you say that, my appointment for repair on Monday has been cancelled 3 times now due to snow!!! Yesterday he said "There is hardly any snow at my house!"...hahaha.....what is their friggin hurry anyway?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just tell him you can't get out of your house!! We are going to do a few repairs in the central/south part of town where the snow has melted. If we don't try to do a few, things will keep piling up.