View Poll Results: Pay to Dump?
I pay a fee every time. 46 63.89%
I pay per year. 3 4.17%
I don't have to pay. 23 31.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs down

Hi, here we have 2 legal choices?- drive 1/2 hr to the scale at $40 ton or to the "Let me take a look at it place"- where a brushy load a ft and a 1/2 over my pick up costs $40 bucks- guess it depends how much free time or cash you have.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier-Lawn
hows it look now? and i pay $5 per 500lb's
cool man, i resaved it from that pic...not even gonna attempt to figure out how you did that.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ms paint and i magnified it up and did a copy & paste from a area with no bag
Old 04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdude
We have 2 sites here they range from $7.50/yard of clippings to $9.75 per yard of clippings. Brush is $7.50-$15.00/yard and wood chips are free to $4/yd. My weekly fee in the spring averages about $85-$100. The dumpsites are open 7:00-4:30. I love hearing about other guys getting caught doing the "midnight run". One guy I knew of (out of business), got caught twice that I know of w/ fines of about $20,000 as well as a week in jail. Yeah baby-- now thats what I'm talkin about. If you run w/ the big boys, you have to play by their rules.
tell me what you are going to do, when south jersey finally evolves (currently, they are about 12 years behind on the evolutionary scale, due to inferior breeding/no splitting of bloodlines), and you are not allowed to dump grass anymore? it will happen, it's just a matter of time. what are you gonna do? eat the grass?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

We use the local WVU AG Farm for processed waste(clippings, shredded leaves, stump grindings, and chips) for free . When we have to use the local transfer station, it's $55.00 per ton. I also just found out yesterday the supply yard we deal with is wanting fill dumped all summer, so I guess we'll be using their lot a good deal this year.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
tell me what you are going to do, when south jersey finally evolves (currently, they are about 12 years behind on the evolutionary scale, due to inferior breeding/no splitting of bloodlines), and you are not allowed to dump grass anymore? it will happen, it's just a matter of time. what are you gonna do? eat the grass?
Actually, Jacka$$, I'm sure there are recycling centers by you, but that you don't price accordingly and/or care about doing things legally. Let's all take bets on how long you last on your own w/out going to work for someone else again. Do I hear less than 1 year??
Old 04-15-2005, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anne arundel county Resourse recovery facility is my place... in MD. $65.00 a ton. But good thing i dont take it over a ton very often.

brush is always about 40.00

dirt. o gosh another story
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Old 04-15-2005, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdude
Actually, Jacka$$, I'm sure there are recycling centers by you, but that you don't price accordingly and/or care about doing things legally. Let's all take bets on how long you last on your own w/out going to work for someone else again. Do I hear less than 1 year??
actually mr. gump, they DO NOT take grass here. there were three recycling centers, two were closed down for good, because of pesticide contamination after years of accepting grass. the other one, discontinued accepting grass, and actually has an employee stand over you and watch you while you're dumping. if you have even a little grass, like a handful, the guy screams at you, and makes u put it back in the truck. your place will get shut down, it's only a matter of time. then you'll still bag, but you'll be carrying around little plastic bags and leaving it at thier house.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
then you'll still bag, but you'll be carrying around little plastic bags and leaving it at thier house.
that's the norm here from 20 employee companies to solo guys. just some commercial building require you take it away cuz the city sanitation doesn't stop at commercial addresses.
i get (100) 33 or 45 gallon bags for $10, good thick ones.
also, a growing trend here for doing jobs since there's limited option for dumping... containers.
i've seen a guy have one at his house that he dumps in at the end of the day with grass. and if ihad to do a big enough job with a lot of refuse, i'd factor in $250 for a container for the site. this is done often. no headache when all is said and done, and the customer foots the bill ofcourse, all legal.

the width of gobbler i bought from you fits perfect in the opening of the 33 bags, and i can usually dump 2 of those in one bag. but since almost all of m accounts are 21", bags go a very long way.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$10.70 a ton here. Compared to some of your prices Im glad to pay it.