Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Longest Day ever?

I saw the post about the longest day on a ZTR and it made me wonder...what is yalls longest day ever. What kind of work was it and how many hours was it. Anybody ever just bust it from sun rise to sunset ? I m sure many people do that everyday but there has to be one in particular that sticks out. I d love to hear how many lawns or what kind of work yall did in a day. I dont really have a "long" day due to the fact that I m still small. Last week I worked a couple of eight hour days which I want to do more often as I add the lawns. An eight hour day with nothing but a 21 inch mower was a decent workout but I d love to hear some of yalls stories.
EHO
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

last season pulled a 15 hour day doing a huge clean up job around a ravine. just did 90 homes in my big development saturday. two guys mowing one trimming lol long hot day./
Old 04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Member

i've never put in a long day on my ztr but i have done 4 hrs on it and i really feel sorry for any one who has ridden longer!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eho
An eight hour day with nothing but a 21 inch mower was a decent workout but I d love to hear some of yalls stories.
EHO
The sales guy at the local dealer said he mowed his 3 acres with a 21" mower. Just to see if he could do it in one day. He normally cuts his grass with a Kubota L series with a 72" deck and a A/C cab.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 04-18-2005, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

22 hours plowing this year, that sucked, my body crashed as soon as I walked into the house.
55 no sleep when I was in college working on a project. I had a part time job at the time that I worked from 1 am to 6 am, during that long stretch I went to work twice before I finally got to go to bed.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used to pull some pretty near 24 hour stints on getting projects done for shows coming up the weekend of. My regular routine now is 9am till 11pm pretty much every day of the week. I have pulled some 9am till 4am's regularly as well. Yes I'm a glutten for punishment. Causes a few disagreements as well when someone wants to head home early on an 8 hour shift though....lazy ass ppl I say lol.

"This topic has been beat deader then the already dead horse it road in on."
Old 04-18-2005, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

yea i aslo have pulled around 20-24 hours of plowing this season, very crazy. my dad on the other plwoed for two days straight a while ago said it was freeky to see the sun come up twice lol
Old 04-18-2005, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

36 hrs plowing snow. Saw the sun come up twice without going to sleep.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

60+ hrs school/work/homework all night..... started the 3rd day no sleep, feel asleep on the walkbehind, as soon as hit the well pipe and woke up i packed it up, called it a day, and feel asleep in the truck
Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@SGLC.ca
I used to pull some pretty near 24 hour stints on getting projects done for shows coming up the weekend of. My regular routine now is 9am till 11pm pretty much every day of the week. I have pulled some 9am till 4am's regularly as well. Yes I'm a glutten for punishment. Causes a few disagreements as well when someone wants to head home early on an 8 hour shift though....lazy ass ppl I say lol.
I'm with Jeff, about 14 hour days, 7 days / week in the summer, except I'm usually from 7 am to about 9 pm.

56 hours plowing. Woke up in the right lane of the freeway on the way to another account, decided it was time to head home. Had 16" of snow over 2 1/2 days straight so had to keep driving around in circles to keep the commercial stuff open.

Last year I did a 22 hour day mowing. We had had so much rain I finally had a day where it wasn't raining so I started at 3 am and pulled back home at 1 am.

I only do commercial, and most of them have lights on them all night, so you can see just fine, even for trimming.