Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2005, 06:17 PM
A+ Lawncare's Avatar
A+ Lawncare A+ Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: king george va.
Posts: 503
1st impression

i would like to know all of the different techniques on how to present yourself on first impressions w/potential customers, i have a few ideas of my own that i often use but want to know some other things i could be doing to land new accounts.....

ex. when you go door 2 door in residential neighborhoods what's some of things you do when meeting new ppl? also the sales material you present them or things you carry along to show this guy "hey i'm proffesional and know what i'm doing"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
"what's up dude, you called about grass cutting? that be 30 bucks a pop, sign right here, write me a check for $159, don't give me no crap, and we won't have a problem. oh yea, and get that lawn furniture and sht out of the lawn by thursday."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
"what's up dude, you called about grass cutting? that be 30 bucks a pop, sign right here, write me a check for $159, don't give me no crap, and we won't have a problem. oh yea, and get that lawn furniture and sht out of the lawn by thursday."

BooBy

For a little guy you sure talk big. I guess you learn about the carry a big shovel and never listened to the walk softly part of Teddy's most famous quote.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
ECS ECS is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
"what's up dude, you called about grass cutting? that be 30 bucks a pop, sign right here, write me a check for $159, don't give me no crap, and we won't have a problem. oh yea, and get that lawn furniture and sht out of the lawn by thursday."
LMAO That is friggin funny. Thanks for the evening humor.

First impressions are lasting impressions. The way you are dressed, groomed and the way you present yourself will make all the difference.
__________________
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Eddie B Eddie B is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: gone
Posts: 865
Most customers I meet by helping them with something not related to lawncare. I'll meet them an get introduced to realatives friends and such. I acquired Microsoft certifications through my high school training, so I end up fixing computers for a lot of people and mention the lawn services as well. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and If you meet them on a friendly helpful note, you earn the respect.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Toy2 Toy2 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 1,926
1st

Do anything except what I saw today, LCO mowing a bunch of duplexes, he had to weigh 280, white shorts, white wife beater shirt on trimming scrubs, wife or girlfriend 250 plus on the ZTR smoking a cigarette, Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...whole scene freaked me out...I will be carrying the camera, this stuff needs to be seen.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
A+ Lawncare's Avatar
A+ Lawncare A+ Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: king george va.
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
Do anything except what I saw today, LCO mowing a bunch of duplexes, he had to weigh 280, white shorts, white wife beater shirt on trimming scrubs, wife or girlfriend 250 plus on the ZTR smoking a cigarette, Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...whole scene freaked me out...I will be carrying the camera, this stuff needs to be seen.

wow submit that kinda crap to funniest home videos, maybe the general public wouldn't care but all the "proffesional" LCO would vote at the funniest
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 PM
lawnman_scott lawnman_scott is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: st pete, FL
Posts: 7,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...
WOW that must have been a site!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
nobagger's Avatar
nobagger nobagger is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ Lawncare
i would like to know all of the different techniques on how to present yourself on first impressions w/potential customers, i have a few ideas of my own that i often use but want to know some other things i could be doing to land new accounts.....

ex. when you go door 2 door in residential neighborhoods what's some of things you do when meeting new ppl? also the sales material you present them or things you carry along to show this guy "hey i'm proffesional and know what i'm doing"
I never went "door to door" I just think that in itself is unprofessional,(just my opinion) but when I meet a customer for the first time I'm dressed in our co. polo shirt, introduce myself followed with a business card and start with small talk for a couple of minutes then get to the piont. Let them know what they are going to expect from us as a PROFESSIONAL lawn care company and what we expect from them, promt payments etc.
__________________
J and B Lawncare:

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
chefdrp's Avatar
chefdrp chefdrp is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bemus Point, N.Y.
Posts: 1,384
i normally have an embroidered polo shirt and have pics and business cards with me. Clean shaven.
__________________
Darrin, DRP MOWING..
2010 Chevy Siverado 1500. 7.5 Fisher plow. 2009 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD with fisher X-Blade
J.D.920A Ztrak 54 in./ 48 in. Great Dane Super Surfer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.10316 seconds with 7 queries