Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2005, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

1st impression

i would like to know all of the different techniques on how to present yourself on first impressions w/potential customers, i have a few ideas of my own that i often use but want to know some other things i could be doing to land new accounts.....

ex. when you go door 2 door in residential neighborhoods what's some of things you do when meeting new ppl? also the sales material you present them or things you carry along to show this guy "hey i'm proffesional and know what i'm doing"
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

"what's up dude, you called about grass cutting? that be 30 bucks a pop, sign right here, write me a check for $159, don't give me no crap, and we won't have a problem. oh yea, and get that lawn furniture and sht out of the lawn by thursday."
Old 04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
"what's up dude, you called about grass cutting? that be 30 bucks a pop, sign right here, write me a check for $159, don't give me no crap, and we won't have a problem. oh yea, and get that lawn furniture and sht out of the lawn by thursday."

BooBy

For a little guy you sure talk big. I guess you learn about the carry a big shovel and never listened to the walk softly part of Teddy's most famous quote.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
LMAO That is friggin funny. Thanks for the evening humor.

First impressions are lasting impressions. The way you are dressed, groomed and the way you present yourself will make all the difference.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most customers I meet by helping them with something not related to lawncare. I'll meet them an get introduced to realatives friends and such. I acquired Microsoft certifications through my high school training, so I end up fixing computers for a lot of people and mention the lawn services as well. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and If you meet them on a friendly helpful note, you earn the respect.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1st

Do anything except what I saw today, LCO mowing a bunch of duplexes, he had to weigh 280, white shorts, white wife beater shirt on trimming scrubs, wife or girlfriend 250 plus on the ZTR smoking a cigarette, Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...whole scene freaked me out...I will be carrying the camera, this stuff needs to be seen.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
Do anything except what I saw today, LCO mowing a bunch of duplexes, he had to weigh 280, white shorts, white wife beater shirt on trimming scrubs, wife or girlfriend 250 plus on the ZTR smoking a cigarette, Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...whole scene freaked me out...I will be carrying the camera, this stuff needs to be seen.

wow submit that kinda crap to funniest home videos, maybe the general public wouldn't care but all the "proffesional" LCO would vote at the funniest
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
Mexican dude walking with the trimmer...
WOW that must have been a site!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ Lawncare
i would like to know all of the different techniques on how to present yourself on first impressions w/potential customers, i have a few ideas of my own that i often use but want to know some other things i could be doing to land new accounts.....

ex. when you go door 2 door in residential neighborhoods what's some of things you do when meeting new ppl? also the sales material you present them or things you carry along to show this guy "hey i'm proffesional and know what i'm doing"
I never went "door to door" I just think that in itself is unprofessional,(just my opinion) but when I meet a customer for the first time I'm dressed in our co. polo shirt, introduce myself followed with a business card and start with small talk for a couple of minutes then get to the piont. Let them know what they are going to expect from us as a PROFESSIONAL lawn care company and what we expect from them, promt payments etc.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i normally have an embroidered polo shirt and have pics and business cards with me. Clean shaven.