Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2001, 09:51 PM
DIG'EM

Ihave tried case, gehl, jonh deere, and bobcat. I bought a bobcat 773 , with backhoe attachment, auger, pallet forks,and concrete bucket. Ilike the best what about you?
Old 02-15-2001, 10:10 PM
DIG'EM

come guys tell me what your favorite is and why you like it.
Old 02-15-2001, 10:17 PM
Lawnsite Addict

New Holland here, Bobcat just doesn't lift enough, Case nice machine but $6K for 100 lbs of lift sorry, Gehil don't like the controls, John Derre dosn't hold up, Cat can't lift, and the others just not there yet.
Old 02-15-2001, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

New Holland, love the long wheel base.
Old 02-15-2001, 11:02 PM
DIG'EM

What do you mean wont lift e-nuff. Mine lifts most everthing iwant to.
Old 02-15-2001, 11:24 PM
Lawnsite Addict

I would love to see it lift these

Old 02-15-2001, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I have used Bobcat, New holland, and Case. My prefence was the New Holland becase it had more nuts. Case was smooth and tough and once I got used to the hand controls, it was a joy to operate. Bobcat is a good all around machine, and is what I use now, most often. The skid steers I use are not the most well maintained, so as far as durabillity when they are beat up on,I know first hand in that case. The AIR BOSS wheels on a New Holland skid steer was a great set-up. My .02 cents
Old 02-15-2001, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use have a Case 90xt,reasons

1 only one with air when I ordered it
2 the only one available with ride control and belive me it makes a big diffrence
3 the only machine with hydralic bucket coupler that has its own circut
4 full servo control
5 all of this and a two speed as well

Need I say more,
I also have air boss tires that I ordered new with the last 1845c I bought.They are wonder full for demolition,for increasing lifting capacity,and using around building site.As for dirt work they are fair until the tread wears.The idea of the replacable sections is a myth because of tread wear this is impossible with out major back damage,replacement sections are a fortune,airboss' can not be used for snow.So my opinion unless you fit into the positive categories listed above,foam fill a GOOD set of heavy walled skidsteer tires.
Old 02-16-2001, 04:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I hane used Bobcat skidsteers for years, i have tried others but have always came back to bobcat. The main reason is the ease of operation for inexperienced users. I'm actually thinking of buying the new 864 trak machine. It is awesome on soft muddy ground and hills. plus it can lift a whole pallet of blocks or sod.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Paul - Did your new JD die out on you? From reading your post it sounds like it might have.

We've got a Gehl 6635 sxt, and love it. I don't like foot pedals at all, too much opportunity to step on pedal (and then I worry about lockout mechanism failing, even partially, and injuring someone). I've had nothing but good luck with Gehl's, both my own and when I worked elsewhere. We'll likely be buying a Gehl 4000 model sometime this year. I think the controls are the easiest around.

If NH offered a model without pedals for bucket control, I'd give it heavy consideration. I like the low-low center of gravity and Paul's always whispering in my ear about how good they are.

Gehl also offers a 2 speed. I never thought 12.5 mph would feel so fast!!