Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2001, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL diggaman (is it?)

Case.....Rolls over easily, unstable, Cat......lots of maintenance, expensive parts, Bobcat.....all the above!!!! New holland = work horse
Hog confinements are a great testing site, where else are you gonna be knee deep in $h!t.
Old 02-28-2001, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use a JD744,has a lot of power,don't have to worry about tipping,and it can out pick any of yours Guaranteed!!!

I can make it Skid and I can make it Steer so this qualifies Right?

Learned a lot from you guys on this thread. Keep up the great discussion.
Old 02-28-2001, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry Mike still a Deere,which means weak motors.Buy Cat if you want service and dependability.Not only that but for those of us who construction equipment is our business and not seasonal, we need a company with a full line of equipment not some lame line up that includes things like out dated 850 dozers, no crawler loaders unless you buy a Liebear,skidloaders serviced by farm implement and lawn care dealers,so you can have them JDs.As for Case skidloaders the one nonCat product that I like,if you think they are tippy you need some more experience,I ran 1845s for 20yrs with only one incident and that was my fault.As for the new Case series you are right it most likely not for you,it is really geared more toward serious operators, and those who want speed,dependability,comfort and power in one package.The rest do ok lifting the occational sod pallet,or bucket of landscape rock,maybe even load a truckload of wood chips,but when it comes to digging a basement in a tight spot in the woods and loading it in trucks or digging a pond in someones back yard there is only one the 90 series Case
Old 02-28-2001, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mike-I love it.I think you settled the who's can lift more thing.I highly doubt that big 744 JD has a weak motor Dig.
Old 03-01-2001, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not weak in relation to HP but longevity, every Deere I have ever owned has had very few hours on it before a overhaul was needed or started to have alot of blow by.JD wheel loaders are by far their best accomplishment but since they are a small bright spot in a limited product line,it is hard to give much of a glowing overall review of JD as a whole.
Old 03-04-2001, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

BOBCAT RULES

It doesnt matter, what ever your use to is what is the best!!!Mybobcat is 5 years old I just paid it off,that is the best machine of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that is the best machine a paid one! Unless you rent them all the time or lease.
Old 03-04-2001, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Iworked 5 years digging graves not getting 1 penny. Igave it all to my father and he made the payments. Now the machine,all attachments,trailer, and truck are mine.Been a long 5 years but it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!