Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2005, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First real landscape job

Quoted a customer today on a job today. Here is what I will be doing. In the backyard there are ten bushes requiring removal. One Lagusta and 9 Mandinas. Forgive me on the spelling. With the Lagusta, I am going to cut it just below ground level instead of fully removing. The roots have gone under the house and it has been their for over ten years. It would take a tank to get it out and the thought of the damage to the house . I will be creating a 48 X 4 bed with cleyera japonica on the corners and four maybe five dwarf youpans in between them. Then putting cedar mulch in the beds. The entire exterior of the house will have bedding and bushes. Not a real big house though. I see it flowing like a molt around a castle. On the side the customer wanted to keep the hollies. All were in great shape except for two. I will replace those two and do the beds like stated before. That bed will be 30' X 4'. In the front I will replace the existing twenty shrubs. Little box woods that never got started. I am using either dwarf youpan or Indian hawthorn for the foundation and running monkey grass as a border and that wraps around to the final side. The front bed is 28 X 4. The last side has nice bushes as well, more hollies. I will replace two there and then do the bed as mentioned before. That bed is 12' X 4". There are 6 dips in the yard that I will be putting topsoil and seed and one stump removal. Don't know what kind of bush but I will be able to get under it to wrap a chain to my truck. With all of that said I quoted the customer $1300. Figure about 2 1/2 to 3 days work with two guys. How'd I do on the quote? I will be posting before and after pics upon completion. Can't wait to get started!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

<i>With all of that said I quoted the customer $1300. </i>
....and boy they saw you coming.I know this will be your first,but friend,you grossly underpriced the hell out of that one.Should have been closer to $6K-8K and that's without going into the details.I'll look it over and see what I can come up with.