Register free!

Old 04-27-2005, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Opinions on block

Iím curious as to what your opinions are on the type of block available in my area. So far I know of three companies products that are available. Rockwood, EP Henry and Allan. I wouldnít mind opinions on their products in general but at this point Iím mostly concerned about their larger retaining blocks such as the mesa or equivalent 8x12x18

any reasons to chose one over the other? I believe the clips for Mesa cost $1 per block and probably take just a little longer than a no clip no pin block such as Allan but is there anything else that should sway me one way or the other.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill, I'm not real familiar with Rockwood or Allan, but I can't think of one EP Henry block I would use on your project (due to cost). Is Versa Lok available in your area? I use it all the time. It gives you the same look as EP Henry Coventry, but about half the price.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Mike, Iím not sure, Iíll have to look around some more but I think Iíve hit all the places located in my town, we do have a few other small towns not to far from here so Iíll have to look in the phone book.

No real specific project in mind right now as the one I have been talking about has rockwood so Iíd probably be using that to keep it all the same should I need more than one wall. Reason I ask is I have two other small walls to bid and seems like a pretty profitable side of the business that Iíve been missing out on. In the past I have just turned them away but I see no reason to continue. I know subbing would be an option but Iím kinda fussy and may have trouble finding a company I can trust to do it right every time.

Thanks,
Bill