Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2005, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnranger44
Lol thats beautiful.

I'm not just talking about women though. I'm talking about people in general. And, like I said, I never talk about the amount of money I'm making. For example, if I happen to bring up something like "Man I'm pumped! We've gotten 13 responses from our flyers!" Is that wrong? Or are people justified to be annoyed by it?

Just be expected to pick up the check
Old 04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

there is nothing wrong with being excited/passionate about what you're doing. this is the most amazing business, after 9 yrs i'm still loving it. most people don't talk about thier job, cus, well, it probly sucks
Old 04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to talk about my business alot to my wife, but she also got to the point where she started to hate it. I think it made her mad that I like the business, because she hates her job.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
LOL ya, they really dont want to hear how much per hour more you make than they make. They think its all profit and that you riding around on the mower having a good ol time. Then you get winter off and that really kills them. I dont know what it is but a woman hates to see a man relaxing and/or napping in the day time
This sounds like a page out of my life story. I have been going around and around with my gf/ex gf. I was doing this part time plus a full time job during the day. Well last July I lost my job and decided to try to go full time. Instead of paying her child support for my son I have been watching him and my step daughter ( her daughter) during the day to save money. The one saving money is her! She was paying over $600 a month on childcare and my support was less than $400. then on top of it I am using more utilites, H20, and of course food for the both of them, and don't forget diapers and wipes I mean I would do anything in the world for them and I feel blessed to stay at home with them and go to work when she gets off work, but since money is tight for me she could at least buy me some milk, diapers, etc. Then she also gets pissed when I need to make plans if I get a lanscape job, yardwork, whatever other than mowing, that isn't in my schedule. Oh lets not forget the 3-4 months of nagging this last winter while I was supposed to be doing snow removal. Can live with them can't live without them
Old 05-01-2005, 05:32 AM

Now none of what I said applies to the women on this forum and the women in this business. Who of course understand completly and probably have the same problems. I said most women--like my sister and my gf lol-- and not all
Old 05-01-2005, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Member

I dont who you are but Ive met people who constantly talk about crap i have no interest in. Find a person who is interested then start talking not the otherway around.

I love to talk business to someone who's willings to listen not tolerate me.