Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-08-2000, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay I have about $7000 to spend on a new mower. I have a 721 Grasshopper already with 61" deck and would like to buy something new and use it as a back-up. I would rather have a ztr (I hate walking and standing) I was looking at a Bunton with a 60" deck for about $7400 is this a good machine? Also I have a helper usually he weedeats while I mow. Would we be more efficient if we both weedeated then both jumped on a mower? Please give any advice you can. Thanks
Old 05-08-2000, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

With $7k I would certainly look at the Toro or Exmark. If you use the search function at the top of the page you can do a search for &quot;Exmark&quot; or other related topics. I think the replies will come up overwhelmingly Exmark.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Richard Martin
Old 05-08-2000, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Mr. Martin,the exmark is a great machine.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 05-08-2000, 08:57 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If I was switching brands, I would go DEMO all major brands. I did a search on Bunton and a Bunton ZTR wasn't mentioned. Toro/Exmark and DC seems to be the most used ZTR's on this forum. That should tell you something. Get a Demo on them and see for yourself which is best for you.<p>On small lawns, one should mow and one should trim and blow. On big lawns, I would put both mowers on the turf and then both trim the areas each mowed. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 05-08-2000, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What's hot in your area? We use Bobcat and Exmark. Depending on what dealers you have in your area thats what of mower you should get. It makes it easier to get parts and service. Don't get me wrong do your research!!!<br>Good Luck <br>Travis <br>AG&G Lawn Maintenance<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: AGG Lawn Maintenance
Old 05-08-2000, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

dont forget about SCAG<br>try a 61&quot; turf tiger or 48&quot;-52&quot; tiger cub <br>