Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2005, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

just imagine if all the elephants in the world converged on DC. There would be enough gas there in one day, to supply the U.S. for 2 weeks.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz1001
The smaller engine uses much less gas per hour and most people mowing large properties are not using these 21 inch mowers. Your argument makes no sense. Sorry. Someone driving a v6 or 4 cylinder ranger may not be able to go as fast as someone driving the larger v8, which one is going to use less gas when being used for their intended purpose? I figure this is in the wrong forum as well.

Global warming is a myth! If it isn't then explain to me the different glacial periods the earth has went through. As long as Nascar continues to be a sport where those guys burn 20+ gallons of fuel in 60 miles, I will never be convinced our enviroment is in enough danger to worry about the neighbor push mowing his lawn.
Yea and they also spill a lot of gas on pit road. I can't believe the tree hugger's haven't tried stopping this killer sport.....

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What a stupid thread.....
Old 05-02-2005, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't believe that this thread has made it way to the 3rd page. I have read all the reponses from my first post ROTFLMAO. Now If cows had some sort air tight helmet with a tube connected to collect the gas and ahhhh never mind just stupid monday morning thinking I need more sleep
Old 05-02-2005, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
Sure, you be the one to figure out how to bottle it, and we'll name it after you.
"Meathead's methane, fuel of the future"
Would you have to have haz mat endorsements for that I wonder???
Old 05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
Yea and they also spill a lot of gas on pit road. I can't believe the tree hugger's haven't tried stopping this killer sport.....
spill gas? if you arent any good. i have been a gasman for 4 years and i have spilt gas a grand total of twice. and those 2 times were the first and second times. there is a easy fix to that problem. fire the crappy gasman and get a good one
Old 05-02-2005, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabyscapes
spill gas? if you arent any good. i have been a gasman for 4 years and i have spilt gas a grand total of twice. and those 2 times were the first and second times. there is a easy fix to that problem. fire the crappy gasman and get a good one
come on guys, don't ya know it takes a proffesional to gas up? scabyscapes got his bacheleor degree in gassing up cars
Old 05-03-2005, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Technically speaking the gas man does not spill the gas. It overflows in to the catch can. Its the driver who spills the gas as when he pulls out of the pits at a a high rate of speed the fuels sloshes around the tank and some will find its way intot he over flow tube then onto pit road......
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ Lawncare
come on guys, don't ya know it takes a proffesional to gas up? scabyscapes got his bacheleor degree in gassing up cars
well then smart ass, you gas it and see how well you do the first time. it takes experince. not a degree. that was the point i was tring to get across. thanks for showing us how much you dont know about the subject.

the gas does flow back into the catch can and over flow there as well. but in the overflow valve there is a one way flap that is supposed to hinder the loss of fuel. it helps but its not a perfect system.

the gasman will spill the gas if the catchcan is not installed before the plugs in. the air in the tank wont have anywhere to go and it will not go in the fuel cell. not it is crutial that he is there before you.
the reason you wont see a 4 tire stop and 2 cans of fuel get anyfaster than 13 to 14 seconds is because it takes approx 7 seconds to dump 11 gallons of fuel in the car. it wont get any faster unless they 1. change the design of the dump can 2. only take 2 tires and 1 can. 3. cheat and make the can dump faster by changing it somehow.

Last edited by Guthrie&Co; 05-03-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabyscapes
. 3. cheat and make the can dump faster by changing it somehow.
Some how I see this happening in Nascar.....

Did you ever read DW's book....Man they were bending the rules just a bit back in the day....