Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,655
Mr. Fixer

I grasping for straws here but is there a chance that my leaking seal could be allowing air into the system? When I rotated the right wheel with my hand it didn't have constant force on it, making me think that hydro is bad. Will that right side hydro come out without removing the blower? Looks like I will need to use a puller on the pulley.

Thanks you again for all you comments...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-04-2005, 12:52 AM
fixer67's Avatar
fixer67 fixer67 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tryon NC
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
Mr. Fixer

I grasping for straws here but is there a chance that my leaking seal could be allowing air into the system? When I rotated the right wheel with my hand it didn't have constant force on it, making me think that hydro is bad. Will that right side hydro come out without removing the blower? Looks like I will need to use a puller on the pulley.

Thanks you again for all you comments...
Part of the blower will need to come out. The funnel shaped piece on the front of the blower needs to come out. There are only 3 nuts holding it to the blower box. Just to replace the input shaft, bearing and seal you do not need to remove the pump. NOTE= Speical tools are needed to replace the seal. The first will be a puller to get the pulley off the shaft. A regualr puller will not do and you will have to make or grind a puller to use. I use a modifed puller at work. I will try to bring it home to get pictures of it. The second tool is a puller as well and it is made from a 2" piece of pipe. I will draw that one for you. There is a snap ring that holds the bearing in place and it can be a pain to get out. Good luck.
__________________
"DEFECTIVE OWNER/OPERATOR NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,655
I pulled the hydro pump out no problem. I see that this pump can be pulled apart but I assume that this is not necessary if I get a new pump. I just take off the actuating lever, pulley and gear? I have NO hope of putting a new seal in this thing and getting it to work. I can turn the pulley manually with the lever actuated and I get practically no constant output to the gear.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,655
Fixer67-I have decided not to replace the seal. Would you post a picture of the modification you made to the puller to get that pulley off? And the actuating lever, what is best way to get it off? All this is pot metal and will break easily I would assume.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Triple L's Avatar
Triple L Triple L is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
That is the same symption that I have...it kicks out for just a short time. But if I try backing up a ramp on my trailer I have to pull the handle back almost all the way back on the side that ocassionally fails. Since those actuating lever are spring loaded back to normal, if they fail to go back after you actuate on side you could get a delay in action. So if you pull back on one side and it don't return immediately you will get a jerk when it pops back forward. That is what yours sounds like. But in my case the unit won't drive back and that can't be in the actuating arms since it is a solid condition. Don't know if this makes sense
Ya, it kind of kicks out for a second, then it kicks back in. I can still back up no problem thought I have to pull one back further then the other. Do you think its the pump. I can't drive a straight line when I have it anywhere near full speed, Going slow though it seem to be pretty good.
__________________
CLT (Certified Landscape Technician)
The trucks are Chev's and the tractors Green
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
fixer67's Avatar
fixer67 fixer67 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tryon NC
Posts: 2,161
The actuating lever is just held in place by one of the four bolts that holds the pump to the final drive. Just take the bolt out and the actuating lever will fall off. NOTE=The actuating lever one the right side (Battery side) has a nut that goes on the bolt that goes all the way though the pump and holds the surport for the jackshaft. That nut has to be removed before the bolt can be unscrewed. I will post then pictures for you of the puller.
__________________
"DEFECTIVE OWNER/OPERATOR NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-2005, 11:03 PM
fixer67's Avatar
fixer67 fixer67 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tryon NC
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
Fixer67-I have decided not to replace the seal. Would you post a picture of the modification you made to the puller to get that pulley off? And the actuating lever, what is best way to get it off? All this is pot metal and will break easily I would assume.
The puller is AmPro Model T70068

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...tnumber=T70068

Picture one shows the cut out you will need to make.
Picture two and three show how it fits. I had an extra pulley to go by when this puller was made but I am guessing you do not have an extra pulley. The cut is about 1/4" to 5/16" in and a little better than a 1/2". The puller works great. Good luck
Attached Images
     
__________________
"DEFECTIVE OWNER/OPERATOR NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-2005, 11:08 PM
fixer67's Avatar
fixer67 fixer67 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tryon NC
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer67
The actuating lever is just held in place by one of the four bolts that holds the pump to the final drive. Just take the bolt out and the actuating lever will fall off. NOTE=The actuating lever one the right side (Battery side) has a nut that goes on the bolt that goes all the way though the pump and holds the surport for the jackshaft. That nut has to be removed before the bolt can be unscrewed. I will post then pictures for you of the puller.
I am assuming that when you say actuating lever you are talking about the pump by pass dump valve lever so you can push the machine if need be.
__________________
"DEFECTIVE OWNER/OPERATOR NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2005, 06:34 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer67
I am assuming that when you say actuating lever you are talking about the pump by pass dump valve lever so you can push the machine if need be.
No there is a "L" shaped Lever that you turn the pump on/off with. I got all the linkage disconnected. The lever has a nut on it which i have taken off. These darn parts are so espensive I don't want to break anything.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 PM
fixer67's Avatar
fixer67 fixer67 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tryon NC
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
No there is a "L" shaped Lever that you turn the pump on/off with. I got all the linkage disconnected. The lever has a nut on it which i have taken off. These darn parts are so espensive I don't want to break anything.
OH, you are talking about the flow control lever on the bottom of the pump that has the linkage going up to the handles. One you remove the nut you will need a puller to pull it off. The arm is mounted on a tapered shaft that has a woodruf key in it. The key is small and is easy to lose. I use a bolt type ball joint separator like you use in the front end a car to get them off. I will post a picture of what I am talking about for you as soon as I find one. Speaking of pictures did you see the pulley remover pictures I posted?
__________________
"DEFECTIVE OWNER/OPERATOR NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.11132 seconds with 8 queries