Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-07-2005, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Update on my Toro. I started hearing the gears in the "Personal Pace" starting to click a little. Next thing I knew, one wheel would lock up and drag as the other wheel kept turning. After a few times doing this, the "Personal Pace" stopped working all together. I push the handle down and the wheels don't even attempt to move. I had to push the whole damn lawn! I'll see if I can get it replaced, it's three weeks old. If it happens again, I'll go with the Honda.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

warranty

It should have a 2 year warranty on it, take it back or call your local dealer, i have had the rear wheel for 3 months, works fine, the PP three weeks, no issues...
Old 05-08-2005, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

a side note i forgot to add last week, stay away from the regular recycler and get the super recycler.... the super recycler is about $140 more than the regular, but its worth it.... the super recycler is an alumium deck w/some more extra rugger features and doesn't bog down as much when baggin & bag holds more vs the regular recycler....

i own both versions, i bought the regular 1 used, and the super new... i deff. recommend the super.... the super is very close to commercial quality...

the regular sells for $399, while the supper sells for $540
Old 05-08-2005, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Try to find a used self prop Snapper,I started out with one and changed motor on it only cuz I felt like it.Still runs great,easy to work on,lightweight,and mow really well turn well,They are great little mowers
Old 05-08-2005, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a used White Self Popelled rear bagger,,,,,, the guy had it from new, he paid $349 for it new,,, I got it for $110 starts on first pull Mulchs and bags good,,,I just started out a few weeks back, Posted a few flyers around town,,,,Very small town,,,ran a ad in local paper,,,for $28 a week,,, comes out on Tuesday! Hopeing for about 10 lawns this year,,Thats my goal,,, the paper runs to 7000 houses in 5 surrounding towns
all within 10 mile drive from home,,,, I first bought a used Husqvarna 48 fixed deck 5 speed,, on ebay,,, then got a ProSlide for it,,, then bought a Ryobi quick change straight shaft trimmer,,and snapper Edger piece(both frome ebay as well) then got a 8x5 Trailer to tow with my s-10 then got the White 21in. All Equip is paid for , no payments! =) Now with 1 account for the year set up I just need 9 more,,,,but I'll take 20 ! We all got to start from somewhere,,,Now get out there and MOW!

Gravely ZT XL 48" 24hp Kawasaki
Husqvarna 48" Belt drive W/ETS W/Pro-slide
21 White W/bagger
Toro 4 Stroke B/P blower
Toro Split shaft trimmer
assorted attachments 5x8 trailer
94 ECLB 6.5 K2500 Chevy ~ SnoWay 8ft plow
Old 05-10-2005, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Update!

Home Depot in OKC won't exchange my Toro even though it was barely over three weeks old. Their store policy is to send it in for repair and if it is covered by warranty, they will fix it at no charge. Until then, I'm out a mower. They said they would get back to me in three days, then take a few more for the fix. If it is "user error" it won't be covered. I'm sure the gears are stripped out in the rear wheels. I worked hard to get my cash back or an even exchange for a new one and they wouldn't budge one bit. I'm calling the higher ups and voicing my displeasure at their policy. The good part is I had two employees telling the manager how shotty it was for them not to automatically take care of me being that I just purchased it.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

why not get something that will last ya .. in the long run it will save and make you alot more money ... ya know what I'm sayin bite the bullet now reap the benefits after while ... c
Old 05-11-2005, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobagger
I've beat the crap out of my Husquvarna 21" Hi-Vac and its selfpropelled and we are using it again this season. It runs like new and cuts like new. Paid about 499.00 I think they are cheaper this year.

Hmm...sounds exactly like the one I have. Mine is rear-wheel propelled, is yours? So far, I'm very happy with it.

As much as I would love to have a ZTR or even a Hydro walk behind, they are just too expensive for me right now. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to afford one.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gil
Do you guys know anything about the MTD lawn mower? I saw a 21", 6.5Hp with a Honda engine. I think it was close to $400. I never heard about that brand. Is it reliable?
If you look close, nearly all homeowner mowers are all made by MTD. They just have the particular brand's name and color on them.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen's Lawn Care
Go ahead and spend 1,000.00 and get a commercial 21" toro proline.

I own one of these. It will pay itself off and it will last forever and will endure just about any conditions. 10 yards is perfect for this. Unless you are doing the lawns for just this one season, spend the $1G and this mower. It cuts great and is like a mini tank.

Truck: 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L
Trailer: Big Tex 30 LS 5' x 10'
Mower: Grasshopper 223/52 (bare fits the trailer)
Mower: Toro Push ProLine Commercial 21" Suzuki 2-cycle BBC
Line Trimmer: Shindaiwa T231
Edger: Shindaiwa LE261
Blower: Shindaiwa EB-630
Hedge Trimmers: Shindaiwa HT20/30