Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2005, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Price List and ZTRs

Is there anywhere on the web to find price lists for the various ZTRs? I need a commercial ZTR for our 7 acres of lawn and 2 or 3 cuttings of an adjoining 8 acre field. But, it seems like I can never make time to get to the dealer during the week because most are about 20 miles away in Syracuse, NY.

Second question, our local JD dealer is trying to sell me on a 757 ZTR with a 60" deck. His price is $8100. However, it seems a little pricey compared to some of the other manufacturers comparable machines. (Not to mention he said he would throw in the rollbar for free but it seems to be standard on the model anyway.)

Can anyone recommend a ZTR for my situation that will be priced comparably or preferably less than the JD 757? Ferris builds their machines about 15 miles from here but I doubt that there is any benefit to that as I do not think they sell any direct to the consumer.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone have an opinion on the Lesco 25HP 60" deck ZTR? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The lesco's are excellent machines. They are also the lowest priced commercial ztr's on the market because lesco buys them straight from the manufacturer eliminating the middle man. I've heard you can get a 60" for $6000. The lesco's are the same machine as the Cub Cadet Commercial. Again they are excellent mowers and you couldn't go wrong with one.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Travis, I know that you are a big Ferris supporter from the posts I have read. For my purposes, do you think that it is worth the extra money to go with a Ferris? Or, will the Lesco basically get the job done minus the independent suspension and such. I would like to say I have aspirations of cutting a few extra lawns on the side but I cannot. (Unless, having a ZTR is 10 times more enjoyable than my little JD L100 lawn tractor. At our old home, it would take me 2+ hours for only about 1.25 acres of land. Ugh...)
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Bumpage...
Old 05-07-2005, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Support

I always point out to my customers that most often a dealer is not needed in the first or second year(residential use). It's the ability to get parts and service 3-10 years down the road that dealer support is proven invaluable. John Deer can't be beat on customer support.
Mfg's may come and go but Deere will always be around.
Oh yeah, by the way there is no comparisson between a lawn tractor and ztr.
Can't count how many customers comment on how much more fun grass cutting is on a Z-turn mower.

KB
Old 05-08-2005, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The lesco will definayely get the job done for quite a bit less money but you could save some time with the Ferris with the smoother ride so that would allow you to go fast and get done faster. You will definately have fun mowing with either one. You may have more fun on the lesco knowing you saved more money but definately give Ferris a good look.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Most all mowers will get the job done, buy what you want the first time do not buy on price.What dealers are local.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

The local dealers are JD and Ferris. The Lesco warehouse is about 20 miles but I drive near it on my way to work sometimes.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

If you havebumpy areas...go with the Ferris..without the 4 wheel suspension, you might ratle your teeth out.