Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2005, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Help with customer login

Ive recently acquired an online host for our web site. Since I cant afford a professional web designed to make up our site, I used what little computer skill and software I have to create something. So far its worked out well.

Im using MacroMedia Dreamweaver 2004. Site is up and running, but I need help setting up something else.

I want to allow my customers to login and view thier current invoice and original estimates. Im not sure how to do this. Can someone help me out?

The web host offers a lot of extra goodies, so if something specific is needed on their end Im sure they have it.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Are you going to be using gopher to do this?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Member

no, wasnt going to.

I need help setting up the seb page to input name and password, then redirect to the proper page.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
no, wasnt going to.

I need help setting up the seb page to input name and password, then redirect to the proper page.
Thats the hard part where you need to hire someone who knows what they are doing. Gopher has a some what easy way to setup a login using "Lawn Mail"
Old 05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

1BADHAWK,

Email me at michaelruth77@hotmail.com, I have a script for you to use that shows logon ID and password then directs you to the page you specify.
Joel 2:22 "Be Not Afraid, O Wild Animals, For The Open Pastures Are Becoming Green"
Old 05-03-2005, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Member

If it is a java based script, it is easy to by pass that to gain access to files.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What you need is a database and a language to access the database on the web. MySQL and PHP is the easiest, but it's not easy to program. QuickBooks offers this service cheaply as long as you are doing invoices.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Im using quickbooks, one thing I want the customers to be able to do is log in , veiw their latest invoice and make a payment via paypal, or any other option I can offer.

My host offers a MySQL database but I have no idea how to set it up, or even use it.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
Im using quickbooks, one thing I want the customers to be able to do is log in , veiw their latest invoice and make a payment via paypal, or any other option I can offer.

My host offers a MySQL database but I have no idea how to set it up, or even use it.

ask your host provider if they offer phpmyadmin to administer your mysql database. if they do i can show you how to use it, it's just as easy to use as excel, otherwise you'll need to learn the query language and how to integrate it with scripting languages
Old 05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Ill ask the host about mysql manager.

Meanwhile, another option that might work for now, is using a form type feature.
Let the user input their ID or name, and then load the appropriate page which will have the same name as the user id.

This way, Jane Smith, enters her name, and then page "Jane Smith.html" loads. Since the info doesnt provide anything confidential other than their estimate info, privacy isnt of the utmost importance.

Their will be one seperate .html page of each customer, in my case thats less 30 right now.