Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

New Bagger

Hey everyone I just picked up a new Accellerator Bagger (GCEX). I really like the looks of it, cant wait to try it out!!! How does everyone else like their Accellerator Baggers??
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if they werent so damn expensive i would buy one. i have been quoted over $400 for one - $400 for a container to hold clippings is rediculous in my opinion. id rather put the extra money towards more powerful equip. a bagger doesnt make u money. a more powerful blower does.
i wonder how thick the profit margins are on these things when other bagging units go for $180 - $220.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

A good number of my customers would like there lawns bagged since they have pools and when they walk in the grass and go back in the pool all the clippings end up in the pool.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Accelerator Grass Catcher

I bought one with the extender last fall for leaves. I'm using it for grass now as needed. Both items work great. I'm very pleased. It is a major investment - I paid over $600.00 for both pieces but they are well made and with care should last a lifetime. I only bag grass when it is real heavy and don't do it on every lawn. I don't charge extra for this but the lawn looks great when I finish bagging. I've gotten many compliments from my customers and I'm sure this leads to some of the referrals I get. I've learned that if you're a professional, invest in the right equipment to do a professional job and the business will come as your reputation grows.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Sponsor

Superbee,
Thanks for the nice comments. I know our catchers cost more than the steel or cloth models, but if you have ever priced perforated aluminum, welding supplies and qualified welding personnel, you will see why our bagger has a list price of $359.00. If you want a less costly catcher there are a lot of alternatives, some of which are quite satisfactory. None of them, however, have the complex design, custom extrusions and materials that we have. Each person has to decide the cost/value equation for themselves. My goal is to provide the best catcher possible for a price that is not out of reach for most full time landscape professionals, and back the product up with the best customer support I can provide.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 05-16-2005, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have had Accelerators for 7 years and I would not trade them for anything, They are built well, they are easy to clean, they don't rust, they are lighter than the steel catchers and Peter provides the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. That is what makes Accelerator the best bagger. I am just waiting for Peter to come out with the model for the 26 metro I am buying in a couple weeks.