Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2005, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Hurt myself, getting behind

I hurt myself in a four wheeler accident on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I am able to walk around the house a little bit. Only two days behind for now, but I know I won't be back in business for another couple of days. Any words of encouragement or advice would be great. I can't be the only idiot that didn't think about the consequences of being a small business owner and getting hurt.
Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

just dont do dangerous stuff.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassbandit
I hurt myself in a four wheeler accident on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I am able to walk around the house a little bit. Only two days behind for now, but I know I won't be back in business for another couple of days. Any words of encouragement or advice would be great. I can't be the only idiot that didn't think about the consequences of being a small business owner and getting hurt.
Thanks
For the future, I would find someone who would be able to fill in for you. Maybe a friend who would like to make a little extra cash. Have them work with you for a few hours here and there to get him familiar with your equipment, etc. Then if something unexpected comes up, you'll just be able to let him handle it for a few days.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hasn't happened yet, knock on wood, but my number has to be coming up soon. I've had a couple scares some badly twisted ankles, strained back, etc. that has stopped me from doing anything for a day here and there which has made me wonder what I would do if I hurt myself so badly that I was out of commission for weeks. I am friends with a couple LCOs and between them they could probably absorb my clients, I wouldn't lose my customers to them, but I wouldn't make much money after paying them to do my work for me.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I hurt myself in a four wheeler accident on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I am able to walk around the house a little bit. Only two days behind for now, but I know I won't be back in business for another couple of days. Any words of encouragement or advice would be great. I can't be the only idiot that didn't think about the consequences of being a small business owner and getting hurt. Thanks
Actually, this form of entertainment will put you in harm's way. I would find something else to do for fun IMO.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats the reason why my former boss sold his harley-davidson

# 8
Old 05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Thanks
Sell the 4 wheeler, get another lawnmower and take up golfing. That should cure you for awhile.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Grab one of your buddies and try to get out there.also talk to any family to help out.Sorry I dont live closer or I'd give you a hand.i'm not going to tell you not to have fun,but you do need to think about what your doing before you do it...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

j/w what type of atv you have and what happened w/the accident?

i'm a former atv rider myself, i do alot of offroad riding w/400 cc & 500c (polaris & honda) 4wd atvs.... always a great way to relieve stress on the weekends... but now i see where it can make u stress on the weekdays from the weeknds...

just be careful in the future when out riding, atvs are as dangerous as anything else and should be respected...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you should (and probably are) thankful it wasnt worse, In a month when you are doing great, wont seem so bad. Every day has risks, I try to minimize it, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Hope you are jamming soon!