Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd's lawncare
hey i wasn't being an ass to ya but some people think just because you have a company to run that you cant take a risks. I mean you take one every day well more then one alot . Just saying do the dumb stuff everyone does in a safe manner like riding the 4 wheeler with a helmet I'm not saying he wasn't wearing one but be safe
I agree with you. I probably take more than I should with the ztr on hills.I did not mean to come back at you like an A$$ either. Heck I was considering buying a motorcycle to help conserve fuel this summer. I own two trucks which are plenty thirsty.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp
I agree with you. I probably take more than I should with the ztr on hills.I did not mean to come back at you like an A$$ either. Heck I was considering buying a motorcycle to help conserve fuel this summer. I own two trucks which are plenty thirsty.
Well i hope you didn't plan on pulling your rig with the bike j/k . I got 3 trucks and a family van tell me about it
Old 05-04-2005, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just explain to your customers that you were injured and you might fall a little behind, but it will be temporary. Most will understand and live with a uncut lawn for a week. It's no different then getting a weeks rain. The ones that don't understand are the ones you will need to try and squeeze in somehow.

I would probably stretch the truth a little and tell them you are very sick with the flew or something. This way they won't think you are careless or worry about the injury returning.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that why i sick with fishing
Old 05-24-2005, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnandplow42
thats the reason why my former boss sold his harley-davidson
Heck Tha's what I work for all the fun toys, The more I think about it the more I realize you've gotta have employees if your in it for the long run.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassbandit
I hurt myself in a four wheeler accident on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I am able to walk around the house a little bit. Only two days behind for now, but I know I won't be back in business for another couple of days. Any words of encouragement or advice would be great. I can't be the only idiot that didn't think about the consequences of being a small business owner and getting hurt.
Thanks
Last year I ran my '95 proline sfs alongside a fence at top speed when the deck clipped a board and the machine stopped immediately. I got knocked into the handlebars and then flew over top towards the running engine and the turning spindles/belts. That hurt so bad I had to sit down for about 5 minutes until the worst of the pain went away, but I had done something to myself because the left side of my chest hurt really bad.
Now I can not advise you do this because I am no doctor and what I am about to tell you is VERY dangerous and you do this at your own risk!
Keep in mind, 800 mg's of Motrin is prescription strength and ONLY a doctor can prescribe anything in that range or beyond, so you are NOT allowed to do what I am about to tell you!

That having been said ...
What I did is I slowly walked to my truck and opened the bottle of extra-strength Motrin (200mg/pill). I took 16 individual pills (3200 mg's) and the pain slowly subsided and within 20 minutes I could hardly feel a thing.
Now I knew I had to take it real easy because when you can no longer feel what once felt like ridiculous pain, you can easily make things a LOT worse without even realizing it, but I finished out the day.
The next day AND over a period of 6-8 weeks I hurt so bad in the mornings it about made me yell out in pain just trying to get out of bed, thou 1600-2400 mg's of Motrin got me through each and every day, slowly but surely.
The pain lasted six months and slowly went away over this time, so I suspect I had cracked (hairline fractured) 1 or more ribs. Without any hospital visits, I am fine today.
Best of luck!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
Just explain to your customers that you were injured and you might fall a little behind, but it will be temporary. Most will understand and live with a uncut lawn for a week. It's no different then getting a weeks rain. The ones that don't understand are the ones you will need to try and squeeze in somehow.

I would probably stretch the truth a little and tell them you are very sick with the flew or something. This way they won't think you are careless or worry about the injury returning.
You could use this to 'weed' out your customer base. When this happens, the ones that leave are the weak ones in the pack, and the ones that are left are your most loyal followers that will likely stay with you to the end.
I do not recommend lying because once you start down that road, it never ends. Tell the truth, and those who can't handle it, tough.
Peace out.